1 inch track

really that much? i dont care about doing radar run on ice, done that. what about on trails across lakes or railway beds, would the 1 inch be faster on snow?

Depends what kind of snow you're running on. On hardpack or ice you really can't beat a 1" studded track for overall performance. If your on looser/slushier/beat up snow than the 1.25" is gonna out perform the 1".

1" is a pretty nice lug IMO. It wasnt that long ago when I got my first new sled (97 EXT tripple) and it had a .750 Cat camo track and then my 98 ZRT 800 had a .850 and then my 99 SRX had a .920 yoko.

So in the scheme of things a 1" is a "deep lug" track for a std 121" trail sled. I personally dont like the 1.25" for cornering and the studs have to be 1.375 to be effective and so on and so on. I would stick with a 1" and make it transfer weight better.

Netefrog said:
Depends what kind of snow you're running on. On hardpack or ice you really can't beat a 1" studded track for overall performance. If your on looser/slushier/beat up snow than the 1.25" is gonna out perform the 1".

i alreday have a 1" 121, will i loose any top speed on hard pack? or ice?

yamahahaha said:
i alreday have a 1" 121, will i loose any top speed on hard pack? or ice?

Like I said, you can't beat a 1" studded track for hardpack or ice on a trail sled. 1.25" WILL slow you down on the top.

yamahahaha said:
but didnt u say loss of 5mph

Yes, thats what I'm saying. There should be no confusion. A 1.25" track will slow you down on the top compared to a 1".

yamahahaha said:
k, i said that wrong, i have the stock track on the srx, and have a 1" track that i could put on, sorry
So you have the stock Yoko .920. A good 1" is perfect and will still haul *** on top end...

I have an 02 viper with a 1.25" camo and my wife has an 00 sxr 700 with a 1" camo and the ride (traction) is night and day different. If the trails are even a little loose hers just spins, mine seems to hook up a lot better.

yamahahaha said:
i thought the stock was o.75..?

Nope, .920" as mentioned but IMO a poor design regarding the lug pattern or something that makes it perform so poorly compared to others.

You wouldn't think just .080" additional length would make much difference but just about any 1" aftermarket track will be better then the stock track.

Locate a 1" camoplast ripsaw. and stud it. I would not go with the 1.25 due to the studing problems, heat exchanger. I can run everywhere with the SXR 1" ripsaw as the Viper can with the 1.25. At this point the deepest snow we have been in is thigh deep, 3' ?? Al

Back