Burned down my center piston/cyl =( oilpump?

at least it sounds like you are getting closer to having it back again. I haven't had much confidence with bleeding my system either. I have a rear bleed screw which works fine for the rear. But the bleed screw at the front head rail i have never got anything out of it. I am going to bleed that part again using the technique of pulling the carb heater knob slightly out after taking the bleed screw off. Or remove the hose on the PTO side of the carb rack and let the coolant run there.

Then when I was suppost to clean the crankshaft I found a BAD bearing that I somehow have managed to overlook when I inspected the crank the first time.

So I need a new crank too!! Gees.... . This really really sucks.

Hi guys!

Here`s an update on the sled.
Drove 500km after work on Thursday to get a new crank. When I got there it turned out that it was an SRX 98 crank with about 6000km on the clocks. Sled was in mint condition when it was parted out. It is not welded. And it has two bearings on the PTO side instead of one big. But I will use it as it is. I removed the alignment pin in the case so that the crank fits.

After working late hours at work on Friday I was eagering to put my sled back together so that I could go riding on Saturday.
When I started installing pistons it turned out that one of the piston boxes was missing the piston rings so... my engine is still apart.
I was very upset !!!

But I will have the rings on Tuesday I guess so.. .

Interesting theories on the bleeding technique. Removing the hose from the carb rack should work, right? Plus using the bleeding screw for the rear.

It`s snowing outside!!! =)

Back