1st attempt with 8bu-oo's..????

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Got the SRX out for a few runs with the 8bu's set up.I have them weights with 4.5 out,.8 inner,w-w-w primary,green at 80,51/43 helix.

This is what I get.Out of the hole it seems to only hit 7900-8000 and only climb to about 8100 ish. I guess I have it loaded up to heavy.Any suggestions???
drop outer to 3.6 maybe..what about inner. Primary is a little hot,2ndary ok.
If I can't get this set up today for the ride,will put the 8dn-20 setup back in for now since it gave me super results last year.

I decided to remove the clutch for now and put in my other set up.the 8dn-20 loaded.It is spot on.Will play around with the 8bu's whenever.But right now just gonna ride,weather in nice and snow is coming.. ;)!

Keep the .8 inner & go with a 2.4 in tip.
Sled should pull that set up unless it,s a real aggressive helix.

blue, if you had a spring w/a 136kg finish, i think you will be golden, even w/4.5g tip. so, like maxx white, hauck orange, yamaha g/w/g.....those should fit the bill a lot better...IMO.

I have a g-w-g here to try.Yeah OEM 51/43 helix is the one.My motor doesn't seem to be screaming today for some reason.Got to check pv's again or something.Plugs good,wash good,no overheating,the oil ratio is 49:1 even,track is slack.Would 120 studs slow me down that much.The snow wasn't super packed on River today anyways,that makes the difference,but just wouldn't get past the 100 mark.Usually it is at 100 quick and then the needle just continues dropping,not today...(even using 8dn-20 loaded setup).... :o| :o| :o|

do u want my srx i try to go past 180 on speedo loll still can't do it dammit grrrrrrrrrrrr...

no,not going out in the night..sorry.I don't ride nights anymore unless there is someone else riding along.Besides the snow is coming down steady right now.I thought the higher pressure creates more HP....So many factors when sledding..pressure..temps...snow conditions..weight......

Yes high pressure makes high hp low pressure is low hp!
bluemonster1 said:
no,not going out in the night..sorry.I don't ride nights anymore unless there is someone else riding along.Besides the snow is coming down steady right now.I thought the higher pressure creates more HP....So many factors when sledding..pressure..temps...snow conditions..weight......

kirk700 srx said:
You have a low pressure coming in Doug and There is alot of moisture in the air Give it a try in the night!

Very good point. Dense moist air is a performance killer. My 02 is jetted up from the previous owner who was trying to keep the DCS light off and my clutching goes from spot on to over clutched depending on the weather. I'll be jetting before I do anymore clutching. Maybe even a tempa flow?

Back