my 00 srx 700 build

i bought some buchings but they were a tad to big and i would have had to make them fit so i used some .005" shim stock and it tightend up the fit using the stock yamaha bolts and spacers. my track and extension should be here wednesday too. oh yea ill be replacing my drive bearings too with the track swap, she should roll pretty good this season. :letitsnow :brr

Last edited:

im hoping so, i got the track, skid, and driveshaft bearings replaced saturday. my bearings were shot. probably a good reason why i wasnt seeing higher top speeds last couple seasons. just ordered my jackshaft bearings and 9" rear idlers from wahl this morning. now i just need to find what size rivets i should be using for the tunnel extension.

got my wheels and jackshaft bearings today, still trying to figure out the rivet situation, but ill have pics of the progress this weekend.

replaced all the drive train bearings this weeked and got 2 9" wheel in. the problem i have now is the stock axle adjusters are to short to tighten the track. i see on the extensions there is holes in front of the axle for adjusters. i may have to buy some polaris or arctic cat adjusters.

With the 9" axle wheels it would seem your track should be on the tight side of things. Are you sure you have the right size extensions/track? Just a thought. Did you drop to 8 tooth drivers? That would also account for your track adjusters being to short.

My track is on the loose side right now, im using 136 extensions with a 136 track, and 9 tooth drivers. The member I bought the extensions from said he used an adjuster in front of the.axle but.I dont know if it was a poo cat or aftermarket system

I got my extension riveted on, now im fivurring out how to make my rear cooler work. I know I'll have to get longer hoses but the cooler itself hangs down quite a bit. I seen a member here cut his extension like 3 " shorter to make it work, but I like the kind of pointed look on the rear or the extension. Would a mountain max cooler be sufficient for a 780?

Attachments

• 2012-07-08_14-48-39_643-1-1.jpg
    2012-07-08_14-48-39_643-1-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have a mm rear cooler on my stock srx and it seems to run pretty cool, not sure on the 780 though. But make sure you get the mountain viper cooler so the hose inlets are the same size.

Back