Finally I got a M-10 in my viper

stretchSXV

Website
www.315riders.com
I rode my 2004 viper for the first time this year. My friend Shaun has been riding it and I have been riding my rev. I rode the viper for 50 miles on Friday and decide it was time to put the M-10 in. Well we started the install at 1pm and finished it up at midnight. Yes we took a dinner break and a few smoke breaks but it's done and in the viper. WOW the sled now looks like a jacked up muscle car :). I have a bunch of pictures of the install and will post them up tomorrow but now I am off to bed to dream about riding the viper. ;)!

I love the look and the feel of not sitting on the ground. Didn't get to ride it last night since I was dead tired after we got it in. I'll try to post pics but right now I'm getting a message here that say invalid post when I try.

more pictures ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0715.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 14
The kid in the black hoodie is my 13 yr old son getting in on the grinding action. Jacked up now and rides like it should have when I bought it new. ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
when installing a skid like this, make sure and check your carbide preasure as you just put more pressure on the front of the carbide and decreased caster.

BETHEVIPER said:
when installing a skid like this, make sure and check your carbide preasure as you just put more pressure on the front of the carbide and decreased caster.

I noticed it turned alot better. How would I go about getting the carbide level ?

Haven't had it out on the trails yet. I did take it around the yard and didn't feel tipsy at all. It turned a lot easier and when hitting the bank on the driveway I didn't even feel it. I'll get it out this weekend or one night this week for a real test on tug hill now that the trails are starting to get whooped.

Damn about time!! When did you buy the skid from me, like 2 years ago, lol!! Oh well its in and looks sweet!!

Last edited:
maxout01 said:
Damn about time!! When did you buy the skid from me, like 2 years ago, lol!! Oh well its in and looks sweet!!

The hard part was deciding if I was keeping the viper or trading it in. I came to the conclusion that for some reason I love that sled and can't get rid of it :dunno:

maxout01 said:
I hear ya. Still have the vmax for the same reason. How much different does it ride?

Night and day. It's amazing how better it feels. Took it for some tune up riding and the sled loves the whoops now. Now I just need to do something to the front. Fox floats maybe.

stretchSXV said:
Night and day. It's amazing how better it feels. Took it for some tune up riding and the sled loves the whoops now. Now I just need to do something to the front. Fox floats maybe.
If your on a budget just having Pioneer Performance revalve the front makes a noticeable difference.Mine does very well in the front along with the m-10 in the back.

SWEDE said:
If your on a budget just having Pioneer Performance revalve the front makes a noticeable difference.Mine does very well in the front along with the m-10 in the back.

so you are running stock viper shocks in the front? Works out goo for the m-10 set up?

stretchSXV said:
so you are running stock viper shocks in the front? Works out goo for the m-10 set up?
No, I'm running my original sx-r shocks which have been revalved by Pioneer.Bruce said they suffer from alot of the same issues as viper shocks, I believe he said they have way too much rebound dampning and he changes compression dampning also.I have 7500-8000 miles on this front shock setup with the m-10 so I have some saddle time with it lol!Alot of people who ride it comment on how easy it is to hang onto, granted the m-10 is a big part of this, but the front for sure works good.If you use him he'll custom valve it to you and will want some specifics on your weight,riding style,ect.I don't think that he's that far from you in ny either.

SWEDE said:
No, I'm running my original sx-r shocks which have been revalved by Pioneer.Bruce said they suffer from alot of the same issues as viper shocks, I believe he said they have way too much rebound dampning and he changes compression dampning also.I have 7500-8000 miles on this front shock setup with the m-10 so I have some saddle time with it lol!Alot of people who ride it comment on how easy it is to hang onto, granted the m-10 is a big part of this, but the front for sure works good.If you use him he'll custom valve it to you and will want some specifics on your weight,riding style,ect.I don't think that he's that far from you in ny either.

I was thinking him or monster performance to do my shocks but MP is more of a doo guy. Thanks for the info. ;)!

Back