Who's got the most money wrapped up in an old sled?

When I bought my sled I bought it from HOULTON POWER SPORTS <which is a arctic cat dealer in northern maine> they forgot to tell me it needed two new cylinders and pistons and fuel lines ect. That was over 5 years ago. Paid 2100.00 for sled, at the time I had no two stroke experience so had dealer rebuild engine for 1000.00. Year and a half later crank seal leaks and lose pto cylinder piston. I thought I was a hero so I cleaned carbs and slapped new piston head cylinder and drove it.(didnt know about crank seal at this point) 100 miles later start losing power. need another head and piston, cylinder ok. So Im at 4000.00 roughly. viper suspension upgrade another 250.00 or so. bounce off tree radius rods trailing arm. Later on hit washout pretty hard- there goes trailing arm and tierod upper radius rods. Now Im at approx. 5000.00
New track plus studs. another 450.00. and last but not least this year bought bunch of new bogies plus bearings and and 4-8 inch riser. new viper seat coming. SO all said and done Im sure I have somewhere close to 6500.00 into a sled I didnt get 1 ride on this whole winter and as I type right now its like 50 degrees out and feels like spring for sure. I wouldnt go and change a thing. If i had not had a bad experience I would have never learned to wrench and now there is nothing on this sled I wouldnt tackle. I can remove the motor with my eyes closed:)

I have all my receipts from my SSX 600 project sled but hate to add them up so better left unknown. I loved doing the project and I love the sled thats all that counts!

Neither my computer nor my calculator can add sled part prices. They are just not compatible with those types of numbers. My brain doesn't work with prices on anything to do with sleddin either. So, how much spent on sleddin? Oh, not really that much . . . ;)!

yea guys look at the 2011?i'm keeping mine too! i bought my 99 srx 700 for $3000 8 yrs ago & about i think $2000 w/ 1 rebuild & lot of diffrent things from hope up goods & cosmetics ;)! .i have a nother hood i want to get some custom paint done & a 1.25 track w/ 168 studs & billet aluminum gas cap & pull handel for next yr. i got about 50 miles on her this yr WOW! but i don't care it's a yamaha snowmobile ;)! .i'll trade 4 a 1969 dodge charger lol would like too but want both ;)! . :yam:

Back