Mbrp Race Or Trail

For a Viper??? Don't waste your cash unless you are trying to slow your sled down. I have tried several cans including the MBRP and they all go slower. I have another Viper to test against.

I don't know about HP but i'm saying it's just loud :o|
Not many if any cans give you more HP thats my 2cents I'm sure there will be people to disagree with me.

The one I tried was a race version. It wasn't too loud. Believe me this was the worst of the three silencers I tried. I have a friend with a performance shop that had them in used condition hanging on the wall.(gee, I wonder why) He let me test them. I could actually feel the power loss when I put it on. It lost rpm's too which is a sign of power loss. The SLP was pretty quiet as was the Bender, but both were slightly slower than stock. (about 2-3 sled lengths in 800') The MBRP lost about 7-8 lengths in that same distance. Not good. Needless to say I run the stock pipe. I did hear by one person the Dynoport works OK, but I don't know whether to believe anybody. Most people hear the noise and immediately think....WOW this is really going. I am very dilligent when I test and my stuff always runs good. I won't use anything that doesn't work.

im not concerned with spped loss im only concerend with sound and weight loss

if anyone out there know where i can find and audio file or video file of a silencer on a viper tell me please

and thanks everyone whos helping

im still undicided with ill go with a trail or a race version

the MBRP trail can sounds great, it is pretty loud and I don't think that i would want it any louder. It is quite a bit louder than a bender can, but I heard that the race can just gets to be annoying.

journeyman: For a Viper??? Don't waste your cash unless you are trying to slow your sled down. I have tried several cans including the MBRP and they all go slower. I have another Viper to test against.

Sorry Journeyman, I respect your opinion but-- for some of us it's not about top end SPEED... The race version sounds bad azz. Even if you do lose some power, the average rider will not notice any difference.

Dont get me wrong guys i dont want to drop from a viper to a bravo or anything but a few mile or kilometers an hour im not gonna notice that. Im just a trai rider who wants something that sounds awsome. If there is anything out there better thean a mbrp by all means tell me.

thanks for the help this website is awsome
i always get my answers here

I have the mbrp trail and it is great. the sound is awesome. dont buy expecting hp gains but i dont think you loose any either.

my brother didnt notice the power loss with his mbrp can but he bought his more for the weight loss. said he could feel it first ride on the sled after he did it. this is why i bought similar can for my sxr. mainly for weight loss and better sound. oh and the do guys love the sound of his viper with the can on. all their heads turn when they hear it fire up and the coments of "that thing sounds awesone" and "that sounds cool" start flying.

Mbrp

I have no experience with MBRP cans on Vipers but the race can I had on my old 2000 SRX was freakin awesome. It didn't lose any power at all - I ride with 3 other guys who all own SRXs and we are always lining up for impromptu races out on the lake. Before to after made no difference (good or bad), but the weight savings and ability to access your chaincase dipstick is well worth the money. You won't find a better sounding can. Just be aware of the noise and don't drive like a jacka$$ through residential areas.

THK snow, I realize the Viper is TOO quiet in some respect. I like a little triple sound too. It isn't just top end you lose, it's all the way through. You really notice it when you have an identicle model sled to jump back and forth on. Yammadogger, the SRX's seemed to do just fine with a can, if they lost any power, it was minor. The Viper is a different animal. Yamaha did their homework on this stock exhaust and it's hard to do anything but add triples. I know, I've been down all the roads.........

i have the race can version on my srx.. I jsut put the can this year and i cannot say that its to loud! at idle and low speed, the sound is ok!!! a trail speed, its louder but not alot!!

Back