does this look right? need everyones help here

seanmurphy26

just put the pipes in...thought they were right but the hood doesnt shut by obout and inch...the screen right under the headlight is hitting the left pipe i believe... PSI modblaster pipes...what do you think about it? the pipes are on a 98 700 sx.

Attachments

• small 2.jpg
    small 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 26
  • hood pos.jpg
    hood pos.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
  • smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 248
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Not 100% percent sure about those pipes, but I have heard that sxr pipes wont fit sx pipes because they have diffrent hoods. The srx obviously being a little taller. Can some one second that? again dont quote me. Nice pipes though

haha thanks...thats what i thought too so i looked on Maxx perf where they were bought and they only have one size pipes. they say something like "pipes are made for any single pipes triple" so they got me.

SXR and SX are the same sled....except the suspension. The pipes are the same... If they're not fitting under the hood then you need to look at the installation...they should fit.

Or...did you buy SRX pipes? If that is true..they don't fit and will not work on the engine regardless.

no they are SX pipes...ill look at it tomorrow and see what i can do...working in 10 degree weather is cold. after a couple hours gets to ya...exspecialy when things dont work.

ya i think that it is time to get some karosine and heat the garage up...that will be this weekends project along with ripping the suspension out of dads venture..the rails on his sled broke. dont ask me how he doesnt ride hard

only thing holding it is the slide...kinda sucks it was like 250 for new one and slides...

Attachments

• tinny.jpg
    tinny.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 12
As far as those pipes go, they look like they're in there right, I know for some pipes you have to file down the tab that the screen is rivited to.

you could also ask Tod about these pipes, he has the same ones on the same sled, and i know he had problems with the original installation as well

The modblasters are marked with weld beads. Pipe one has one weld bead, pipe two has two weld beads and yes you are right, pipe three has three weld beads on it. These are located on the pipe near the head of the motor.

I think you have two pipes switched. Go to the featues page and look at mine Tod's SX. Or I will try to post a pic. I'm sure you have them out of order.

My fit was with the Pipes to Silencer not the pipes themselfs.

Now that I look at them again, I'm not sure we have the same pipes. PSI is printed different on them. Take a look at the feature page- Tod's 97 700SX

OK third post has got to be the charm???????? I think you have to have your pipes in there right because if you have them hooked up to your silencer then you have to have them in the right order.

Where is your hood hitting?? If you modify your silencer- I.E. bend down the silencer where the pain in the but pipe meet will this let you close your hood.

On mine the one pipe to silencer did not even meet up squarely so I had to cut and reweld to make it meet.

If all your pipes line up with the silencer, you may be abel to cut out a small section of the silencer pipe to bring down the pipe that is hitting.

Back