Whats your favorite yamaha sled?

toss up for what each one had their ups and downs 77srx best lake racer- i loved it, sx700 fast as could be through the twisties, rx1 great accel. and smooth through the woops

not impossible to kill a bravo. some how my brother did blew the enigine. gotta fix it i loved the sled. had well over 50 tho. speedo broke at that!

I am with you REDMATER SX for trails is the way to go.
SRX is great on lakes but not for a long day of trail riding.
Have not had the pleasure of the 4 strokes yet.

My favorite has to be the '81 srx. I know the motors are time bombs, but when they run, they can really move. The styling is awsome, IMO, and it was a great step in technology, for the time, with the tss suspension. I just wish I could get my hands on an '82 srx.

I remember sneaking a ride every now and then on my dads old 85 Yamha SRV 540. Back in its day it was a hell of a sled. It was a big jump from my old 440 SS. There still is alot of them running just like all the other old yamis. The older yamahas were very reliable.

wildman said:
My favorite has to be the '81 srx. I know the motors are time bombs, but when they run, they can really move. The styling is awsome, IMO, and it was a great step in technology, for the time, with the tss suspension. I just wish I could get my hands on an '82 srx.

Speaking of one of my favorite time bombs: :mrgreen:

DSC02192.jpg

Phazers, they would go anywhere, to bad we sold our old '92. I wold somtimes ride it instead of the 03 vipermm and it would always amaze me :rockon:

Favorite sled 75 GS 338 van't remember tanks that would run over trees ran like a champ, gave it to my uncle 8 years ago and he sold it last year fro $300 to a guy for his kids to learn on. Had the old bogi bouncers. I can\t remeber how many time that damn thing broke a rear suspension peice, spring adjuster bolt..... but you still got to drive it home. Never left me stranded :rockon: . Hey just like my 02 Viper.

my '97 sx 700 was an AWESOME trail sled. The '01 i have now is better through the bumps, but on a smooth trail, the '97 was better because of its AWESOME cornering, stone reliability, and awesome fuel mileage.

98' Mountain SRX, ...was made only one year (the 99-02 SRX's are my runner ups). Took a 03' RX1 for a spin a couple of weeks ago and found it was too tall (top heavy) and although it had good continuous power, it didn't explode like a well clutched SRX. ...bring on the 06' SRX!

No doubt after riding just about all of the above, still got to love the ol 700SX. I know it can't fly on the lakes like the SRX and RX-1, but for smooth trail riding, gotta love the low center of gravity.. With pipes, better skis it is absolutely perfect...

All I need now is the big gauges and somehow get a better headlight!

Back