90 exciter 570 l/c TRACK extension

bluewho said:
You might be plowin taters if you ride like that.

I would set the front of the sled higher before sitting the skid to the place you want.[flat track]

You could change the pogos to longer v max style

thought i was plowin taters before, take a look at this............ dang back to the drawing board, can not run like this.....

Attachments

• stink bug.jpg
    stink bug.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 46

Ryan B said:
Why for is the suspension mounted so far out of the tunnel??

I had to drop it two inches from where i had it cause the track was rubing the heat exchangers under the seat inside the tunnel..... Now it looks stupid and isn't functional in my mind!

Yep the idaho reds will be flying fer sher!!!!Can you find a 10 in setup for that skid the shock looks 2 long and is there a front shock?????

Did you ever drop the front mounting hole? Doings would also help keep the track away from the coolers. I drilled mine about as low as you can go. Just a thought....

justheman80 said:
Did you ever drop the front mounting hole? Doings would also help keep the track away from the coolers. I drilled mine about as low as you can go. Just a thought....
The front could probably go about 1" down, but wouldn't that affect approach angle? I think i am going to scrap the
xtra-12 get me a m10,,, found one out of a 2000 rmk with 144 track for 300....

Ya, I seen that ad on CL, it is a pretty good deal. It wouldnt change the angle too drastically.

Here's a couple pics of the 89 exciter I used to have with the xtra 12 installed in it if that helps you any. Front struts are the adjustables from a 96 Vmax XT. Its been so long I don't remember any of the measurements for mounting the skid, but I did find the measurments of the indy it came out of somewhere online once before. Rode decent, but if I were to do it again I would have gone with the xtra 10 or a M10. The 12 has a pretty crummy approach angle to begin with and I wasn't impressed with its deep snow performance.

IMG_8869.jpg

IMG_8867.jpg

Last edited:
I have had good success with the skido ARC/ARM suspension I run one in my vmax 4 800 and just fishished putting on in a 92 phazer, stry to find a set of vmax strut to bolt on but for now i added some spacers under the spring perch to get 1 1/4" more lift outa the stock struts.

cimg0453c.jpg

I did finish it! looks good, rode around yard for a bit, then broke my leg with it has been sitting since last december.... didn't even get it out of the yard:( bad luck for me... lol not sure if i will get to run it this year, sat for long enough to seize engine :o| maybe i will get ambition to mess with it soon...

Attachments

• Yamalaris kitty.JPG
    Yamalaris kitty.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 13
  • !a.jpg
    !a.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Polaris X-Tra 12"

Exciter89 said:
I used to have an Exciter with the Xtra-12 installed in it.
Rode decent, but if I were to do it again I would have gone with the Xtra-10
The Xtra-12 has a pretty crummy approach angle to begin with and I wasn't impressed
with its deep snow performance.
x2

That Polaris Xtra-12 skid is a very bad choice for deep snow.
It is not designed for powder snow riding, whatever the track lenght is.

A Polaris Xtra-10 skid would be a much better choice for deep snow.

Last edited:

Back