MY 98 700sx rebuild...

My weekend turned out to be too busy to get to rid, but no worries, it's snowing right now and they say we'll get 4-6" by tomorrow morning. I bought low windshield at a swap meet this fall, the seller said it would fit my sled... but... it didn't. Of course I didn't find out until after I put my new TY id sticker on it, SOoooo I trimmed it down to fit, it ain't perfect, but it'll do. I still have a mid height one if it get's too cold out. I'd have it on the trailer, but I'm waiting for the correct pilots from the dealer and the carbs are out of it, might as well wait. But here it is all put together.

Attachments

• HPIM1998.jpg
    HPIM1998.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM1999.jpg
    HPIM1999.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM2000.jpg
    HPIM2000.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 41
I know, well this weekend we're heading to Ely so I'm excited about that. If you have a day before then that you can blow off work let me know, maybe I can get my sister-in-law to pick up jack from Kindergarten for me...

Just thought I'd revive this thread with few mods I didn't get done last year.

I bought set of covers and a Mtn Viper rear bumper this fall from sandrews. I'm going to update the coolant system to be more like the Viper/Venom, I bought the parts for that from JDViper. I also bought a Viper brake disc from him. And I bought a 144" Ripsaw from Mr. Sled at Haydays. I've purchased a set of rail ext from MountainMachine.com that are set up to fit 8" rear wheels. The wheels I found on Ebay for $12 peice. I'm still waiting on the ext. but as I do the other mods I'll post pictures. The 136" ripsaw on there now will go on my Phazer II.

Last year I broke the steering stem off while on the MN TY ride. Dan Tarnowski (Thegrizzled1), hauled it into his garage and welded this solid round stock, the new piece goes down into the post and he says he just tacked it in, but looks like he did a awesome job on it. The excess fit up into the old risor so we just left it. I took the bars off and am going to cut the excess off. I bought a 2.5" pivot risor from Lake Effect, to go along with the 9" RSI pivot risor I bought from Mysledblows a couple years ago, but never used. I bought RSI extended cables too. I got a set of newer styled bars from which I'm going to use. The Lake Effect adaptor has a place to screw in a RAM ball so I can mount my new GPS from it.

Attachments

• HPIM2018.jpg
    HPIM2018.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
RSI riser/Lake effect pivot/apex or nytro bars

Had a little time in the garage last night, so I got my new riser & bars combination installed.

Attachments

• 02042012595.jpg
    02042012595.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 02042012596.jpg
    02042012596.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 12
  • 02042012597.jpg
    02042012597.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 6
sleddineinar said:
Finally putting the front end together and I discover that this trailing arm has a bow in it. Well, I'll adjust it run like that and when I get some extra dough I'll spring for another one.

Old thread, but are these sxr front shocks? Do they just bolt up?

The top of the shocks are different, so I took the SX shock bracket off and attached the sxr shocks directly to the bulkhead using a bushing from the dealer. The bushing is used by the SXR and the Viper.

Back