Dry Weight?

golmax

Hey hows it going. I just got done watching the 2005 promo video for the new sled line up now i need a cold shower.

I have a 2000 SRX and acording to the manual the dry weight is 522 lbs.

I was wondering if any of you have the new RX-1 with the mono shock suspension and if you can find your manual if you can post the dry weight.

That warrior looks awsome and will probally be my next sled but i was wondering if A mono shock rx1 would be better with extensions or just go with the tortion rod suspension on the warrior?

There heavy and yamaha does say 522 but im not for sure that it is 522. They dont feel 522 when riding though, and the Rx-1's feel light as a feather when riding too. I wouldnt let that weight scare you away from the sled.

2ooosrx, what kind of scale did you weigh the sled on? I've weighed three different ones on certified race scales. 522 it's not, 540 is a much closer number!

Golmax, Hey theres a article in snow tech that yamaha asked them to run. It says do not long track a mono shock, it will kill the suspension. Just what they said. Maxdlx

Not to be a dick, but, 2000srx how old are you? Just seems you have alot to say sometimes with out really thinking it through.

I am 15, it says in my profile. I was just going by what I read, sometimes I am a bit impulsive. lol I will weigh it tomorrow like I said and let you know what I read. I can take a picture of it to if you want to see, I remember the weight being off when my dad first got his rx1. I forgot what they were say the weight was for a 2003 but it ended up being 609 pounds. What an animal. Sorry for being to impulsive.

When you weigh it, pay attention to the amount of fuel and the amount of oil. Most weights that are published are dry weight, which I feel it pointless. With out all the fluids what good is the sled? Alot feel that the RX1 is way to heavy, but they forget the amount of fluids that are held it it are less than most of the other sleds. Kind of evens it out. Keep us informed.

Hey 2000 I Am Interested In Seeing What A Srx Weighs With A Full Tank Of Gas And A Full Tank Of Oil,this Is The Weight The Co. Should Publish (curb Weight)or What It Weights With All The Fluids, I Will Bet That There Is A Sled Under 500 Lbs. Just Curious To See This Number.

Srxspec and his race team have weighed a good number of these sleds very accurately. When he pulls up on the scales after a run, he has to already know what the techs will see on the scales. In fact I remember a couple years ago at HayDays when they weren't careful enough for some reason. If he posts a weight, I would trust it even more than my own method of weighing sleds.

Thanks Ding, we did have a problem with our 01 SRX at Hay Days a few years ago, but they realized that their scale was hanging up and we weighed just fine then! A 2001 SRX has to weigh 720 lbs with the driver on for grass drags. They come upon that weight by taking the manufacturers dry weight (522 lbs for the SRX) and adding 198 lbs (180 lbs for driver + 18 lbs for studs). We would continually weigh at the 725-730 mark and I only weighed 150 lbs and we had all titanium studs in (much less than the 18 lbs they alotted us) plus light weight front skis and everything taken off that we could. Weight is closer to the 540-545 range with all antifreeze & oil tank full.

ty for all the post. Not really to concerned about the weight i just noticed that the FED UP YAMI FAN said somthing about a 700+ pound RX-1. I wanted the real truth thats all.

Thats to bad you cant extend the mono-shock it looks pretty awsome

700 pounds with a full tan of gas maybe. We weighed ours in at 609 like I said. Pretty heavy machines, sorry guys, I never got around around to weighing my cousins sled, we have it ready and built but it has gas and everything and it wasn't worth it, I would just take, srxspecs weight, he has done it before! If he says it is 540, it is 540, I didn't mean to strike on you. I have been reading to many magazines. lol

Back