Dry Weight?

You have a srx but do not know how much fuel it holds? Have you ever rode it?

Gasoline at 30 Degrees is 6.57#'s per gallon.

2000srx......you joined oct 04....about 2 months give or take and you have close to 500 posts.....many of which lack any experiance what so ever. I think you need alot more seat time, and alot more time spent reading and not writting. You have no idea on who's who around here or what there knowledge is. ===SRXSRULE===

What do you mean srxrules, I knew it was over ten I just didn't know the exact decimal. Sorry! I am trying to calculate the weight of the tank completally full so I know how much to subtract for the total weight of the sled. You dont have to go all PMS on me.

2ooosrx: rules is right, it seems like many of your posts are trying to prove others wrong when your "facts" arent even close.

They may not be that far off, but you are telling people that they are wrong and then throwing out numbers that you cannot justify. Such as the weight of srx/weight of gasoline/length of Lake Gogebic/etc.

If you read some of the posts on this site, you would come to realize that members such as srxspec, srxsrule, and many others really know their stuff and you trying to "call them out" or prove them wrong really is making you look unintelligent. Im not trying to be a dick about this but you should really think about what you type in your posts before you submit them.

for lake gogebic I said I was not sure at first then I went and looked it up and found out that it was 14 miles. It was 9 miles from where we started to where we ended up. As for the weight of the sled, I went with yamaha's record as they said it was 522 pounds, I am sorry they lied to everybody and I relayed the information they gave me. As for weight of the gasoline, I was really not sure and I knew it was right around 7-8. I dont mean to be an *** either but i have been in a bad mood lately, a close kid I knew at school just commited suicide and I am not feeling to good about that.

2ooosrx said:
What do you mean srxrules, I knew it was over ten I just didn't know the exact decimal. Sorry! I am trying to calculate the weight of the tank completally full so I know how much to subtract for the total weight of the sled. You dont have to go all PMS on me.

Well, I was trying to put it nice.......BUT this is what I mean. Your a 15 yr old KID that dont have a clue on what your talking about. You think everything you read in a magazine or see ont he net is the truth, then go on here and post it like you have first hand experiance with it. You want an example...go back to the first few pages of this post. When you state an SRX weighs 522lbs.....(again, something you seen in a book) and Srxspec comes on and says its more like 540 lbs and you tell him he is wrong! LMAO, He is/was a factory back yamaha racer and is one of the most highly quailified people posting on this site.
Has your Dad ever told you to think before you open your mouth? If not, he needs to. Enough said.....Now go to bed. ===SRXSRULE===

Easy Rules . . .

Yes he is a kid, and yes he has made some fairly incorrect statements, but he has been pretty polite compared to most of the younger riders on other sites. Man I wish I could be 15 again even if only for a day.

It is good to have younger enthusiasm about Yamaha sleds. I hope it spreads so that Yamaha finds it feasible to offer a wider base of products.

2000srx: We like to keep Rules and others happy around here because they have valuable input to offer.

I said that I read the weight on the book, doesn't apply for me though, my sled should be right around 500 pounds this year with all of the light weight stuff we have done to my sled. It is good that I know the stock weight of the sled now so I know how much weight i have dropped off of mine with all of the sight weight parts. I have told you before, I am not trying to be an a$$, but man, if this little stuff bugs you, you really have to re think your life. I would hope other things are more important in your life then to tell me that I am wrong about my facts, big deal, come on man, Grow up!

Yea Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRXSRULE said:
Well, I was trying to put it nice.......BUT this is what I mean. Your a 15 yr old KID that dont have a clue on what your talking about. You think everything you read in a magazine or see ont he net is the truth, then go on here and post it like you have first hand experiance with it. You want an example...go back to the first few pages of this post. When you state an SRX weighs 522lbs.....(again, something you seen in a book) and Srxspec comes on and says its more like 540 lbs and you tell him he is wrong! LMAO, He is/was a factory back yamaha racer and is one of the most highly quailified people posting on this site.
Has your Dad ever told you to think before you open your mouth? If not, he needs to. Enough said.....Now go to bed. ===SRXSRULE===

Not sure I could have said it better. As I said in another post, it just seems like you have alot to say with out thinking about it. In no way do I want to turn someone off from this site, or from posting, but you need to limit yourself to stuff you know. Not stuff you heard or read. If your not positive, either don't post or tell us where you got your info. I see alot of stuff that I think I may know the answer to, however I don't just through it up here. I either let someone that knows more than I do post the answers, or I just simply say that I'm not sure, but this is what I think. Just go easy. You have more post than some members that have been on here for years!

Back