Trail permit costs are beyond crazy!!

Nicko said:
That's right or $16 for the 1 season. And there is a ton of trails...To bad the winters have not been the greatest...But just wait, this year is going to be INSANE.....I'm getting ready to go all the way to downtown on 394..... :2strokes:

Call me up when that happens and we can meet for lunch downtown!! I'll ride in on 35W.

sleddineinar, are you anywhere around Detroit Lakes area? We will be in the area hopefully sledding over the holidays. Al

Yeah, I feel for you guys. IL is only 18 for registration, next year $30, but more will go to the state trail fund, so I dont mind. I am a trail boss this year and I intend on making everyone's trails enjoyable as possible in our region...

srv540 said:
do you know the prices of the daily and week passes here in Ontario? they are just as much as a rip off as the full season, thats an awsome deal for people in Quebec.

Never said it was a good deal,just said that they are available.On the other hand $300 for a pass and insur. for the year is a good deal(in Canada) as far as I'm concerned.

You want to talk expensive?How about the Haliburton Forest.Isn't it something like $35 a day for a couple hundred klm's.of trail compared to 35,000 klm's for $200.

I get the early pass and have no complaints on the price as long as I see groomers out when there is snow.The way I look at it is that even if I had to pay $10 bucks every time I went on a trail I wouldn't be long spending $200.We usually ride Fri. night,Sat.,a lot of Sun. and the odd run through the week.At $10 bucks a crack that would be a lot of money over the year.JMHO.

alswagg said:
sleddineinar, are you anywhere around Detroit Lakes area? We will be in the area hopefully sledding over the holidays. Al

No, I live the northern 'burbs of the Cities. What dates are planning on being up there? Detroit Lakes is about 3.5 hours from my house.

We should arrive around the 20th, and stay until the 27th Actually we are staying in Pelican Rapids, Just south of DL. Al

Back