Lets see your Mountain Sled..

zr440 skid

dukie169 said:
ditch banging for the most part. its a 136 so i dont plan on climbing to high. i have a zr440 skid with fox shocks laying out back, could this work?
In my opinion this would be a downgrade. Look for a polaris xtralite skid in 136 form. I believe you can set it back more and have a track with a decent approach angle. I have read a few threads on this mod on TY. Just do a search

Finally some good pics

I Just got back from the snowies on Friday and cleaned the viper up today so I though I would post some better pics of it. I sold the seat today to another member and am ordering a Boss for it as I ride with my younger sons alot and this was not a good setup for me and a small child. I am also thinking about selling the hood setup and going with a BRTech hood. Funny story: I wanted to race my buddy on his M1000 while we were out there so we setup for an uphill drag race and I beat him solidly three times in a row. This sled transfers like no other I have ridden and the Attack 20 track is the best I have ridden. It was a great feeling (whopping that big cat) and its thanks to TY and the members here for helping me with setup last year. The thing runs spot on and is a blast to ride. I also had no powder bog issues with the sled with the hood modifications that I explained in another thread.

Attachments

• viper 1.JPG
    viper 1.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 145
  • viper 3.JPG
    viper 3.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 176
  • viper 4.JPG
    viper 4.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 113
  • viper 2.JPG
    viper 2.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
mtndreamer thats some crazy looking sled love it! :D

here is a pic of my vmax sx 153'' 1997 mod but it's not in class with any other sled in this thread
11lhjqt.jpg

My nytro with a mpi super charger.

Attachments

• supercharge%20011.jpg
    supercharge%20011.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
mtndreamer said:
I Just got back from the snowies on Friday and cleaned the viper up today so I though I would post some better pics of it. I sold the seat today to another member and am ordering a Boss for it as I ride with my younger sons alot and this was not a good setup for me and a small child. I am also thinking about selling the hood setup and going with a BRTech hood. Funny story: I wanted to race my buddy on his M1000 while we were out there so we setup for an uphill drag race and I beat him solidly three times in a row. This sled transfers like no other I have ridden and the Attack 20 track is the best I have ridden. It was a great feeling (whopping that big cat) and its thanks to TY and the members here for helping me with setup last year. The thing runs spot on and is a blast to ride. I also had no powder bog issues with the sled with the hood modifications that I explained in another thread.

Random, but how'd you go about a 2" front end lift, and did you reinforce your steering stem? I just put a 10" riser on my 00 MM and I'm debating a stem reinforcement

Front end lift

I took the trailing arms off, used a very thin cutoff disc to cut the 1/8" welds on the shock mount bracket on the trailing arm and then flipped them around and rewelded after cleaning up the welds. I then took a spacer from one of the rear skid idler wheels and used that to space up the steering arms, on the viper you will need to elongate the hole in the boot, but the MMax has the accordian style. Hope this helps, this made a huge difference on my sled, but I am running cat rails in the back and they sit up a little higher than the stock rails so I wanted to compensate a little, I like the nose to feel a little light but still be controllable, with the transfer strap setup I have the skis just hover, not pulling huge wheelies, just puttin the power where it needs to go. This midly tweaked sled is eatin stock xp800s and M1000s all day long and I credit that to reading clutching tips and setups from this website, stock vipers IMO are not mountain eaters by any means but with a little help they make power pretty quick. Hope this helps

Interesting, thanks for the info. I will def kick around the lift idea after I install my transfer strap kit.

Been pondering just tossing on some Mtn Viper shocks, but people are proud of them.

I've got a good set of viper fronts I'd get rid of. What you thinking they are worth $$ wise? I had these in my srx (with special brackets) and run the same ones in my daughter's mountain max.

this is my 97/2000 mm 700 triple, i bought the motor off of here, and built her from scratch, she got the rs 144 suspension 141 2 inch challenger, anti rachets, head gasket mod, reed spacers, 6 inch wide yamaha skis, 7 inch fly raisers with pro taper bars and pivot adaptor, power mad extentions, and 18 top gear with reverse all done buy a 16 year old and purchased by a 16 year old. it started as 1 97mm, and got a 2000 500 fan cooled venture body, had to change all the steering, well the thing was all scrapped, and put together, but this is a photo of it taken apart before:
mmpics001.jpg
and this is after
mm700mod.jpg

Last edited:
2008 Yamaha Apex Mtn SE 40th Anniversary

Let's see where to start lol

Timbersled Mtn Tamer Rear Suspension
Timbersled Drop Brackets
Stock Rails with Mountain Machines rail extensions
Mountain Machines big wheel kit
Camoplast Extreme 174"x16"x2.5"
Custom rear bumper
Better Boards
Boss Seat
Mountain Lite undertunnel exhaust
2" Rox Riser
Powermadd cable extensions
Modded air box
911 Hi-tech primary cover
Bender 54/42 helix
Supertip weights
Simmons Gen II skis with Carl's cut
Fabric windshield
Skinz float plate
Holz ice scratchers
Hyperfax

I think that's it, so here she is (Barkbuster front end is no longer on there)

18165410150418541025201.jpg

The old Polaris indy on a nice powder day
The Mountain Max put away waiting for winter
The Mountain Max the day after she came home in a late march vermont snow

Attachments

• Sled 3.jpg
    Sled 3.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Sled 2.jpg
    Sled 2.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Sled 1.jpg
    Sled 1.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 38
All Ineed for my area.

Attachments

• new camera #1 120 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    new camera #1 120 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 145
  • new camera #1 125 - Copy (2).JPG
    new camera #1 125 - Copy (2).JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 102
thats a nice sled, love the seat! and yeah, i got some under glow lights hooked up on the front of er by the shocks now also, ill get some photos tomorrow night when i get them all tied in together. i had her out for a run when we had some snow, on the bog with snow on it, and there was some water, i couldnt belive it, i dragged the bar on the flat, and streight up on the flat! i couldnt get enough of it! my skidoo might not be as cloce as good as others on here, but im proud to say i bought everything i needed for it, because i blew the motor in my old one and everything was give out, so i bought new fan cooled body, and made it a lquid cooled, and put everything on and got the measurements for the rs venture suspension, it works great! and i put it all together my self at the age of 16, and she does what i wanted it to do, come on winter!

97mm700 said:
thats a nice sled, love the seat! and yeah, i got some under glow lights hooked up on the front of er by the shocks now also, ill get some photos tomorrow night when i get them all tied in together. i had her out for a run when we had some snow, on the bog with snow on it, and there was some water, i couldnt belive it, i dragged the bar on the flat, and streight up on the flat! i couldnt get enough of it! my skidoo might not be as cloce as good as others on here, but im proud to say i bought everything i needed for it, because i blew the motor in my old one and everything was give out, so i bought new fan cooled body, and made it a lquid cooled, and put everything on and got the measurements for the rs venture suspension, it works great! and i put it all together my self at the age of 16, and she does what i wanted it to do, come on winter!
also, in those 2 photos, i got all of that work done in 2 days, friday after school, until after supper was taking the measurements from the rs venture to use on my one, and never took long to put the chain case and everything else in

Back