Spark Plugs

br9es solid top Napa number 3194 BR9ES Solid terminal type (top lead connector thingy dose not unscrew.) Therefore less chance of fouled plugs and carbon tracking is verturally eliminated.

BR9ES in my older 2 cylinder sleds, BR9ECS on my srx 600 and viper s 700 triples...I get along pretty good, I find a fouled plug or 2 when expected.

Anybody know the difference between BR9ECS and BR9ECS-5 is?

I accidentally just picked up BR9ECS-5's today. Dangit!

Should I exchange them for the BR9ECS's?

I read through the NGK page in that other thread and I can't decipher what the extra "-5" at the end stands for....

Thx all.

Super Sled said:

I read through the NGK page in that other thread and I can't decipher what the extra "-5" at the end stands for....

Thx all.
The 5 stands for the pre gap & solid tip,,,,, they are for the doo's gap is .018"........ You want BR9ECS-S solid tip .028" gap........

Last edited:
Spark plug opinion.

Just my opinion,I've run Br9ecs in my 600,never had a problem.Also had the Br9s can't say they are bad can't say they are good,but I have found once you fuel soak an NGK through it in the bush,and this seems to happen with the standard BR9's.I have used and got a few fellows using the CHAMPION powersport plug #8902 which crosses the NGK-BR9.They do not quit! Never have fouled,never caused a missfire, bone cold starts always fire up.Believe it or not the proof is when you try them!They have the fine tip on them and they burn clean.

KAPUSTA said:
Just my opinion,I've run Br9ecs in my 600,never had a problem.Also had the Br9s can't say they are bad can't say they are good,but I have found once you fuel soak an NGK through it in the bush,and this seems to happen with the standard BR9's.I have used and got a few fellows using the CHAMPION powersport plug #8902 which crosses the NGK-BR9.They do not quit! Never have fouled,never caused a missfire, bone cold starts always fire up.Believe it or not the proof is when you try them!They have the fine tip on them and they burn clean.

The only thing I've found Champions work in are my Cuda or most Mopars and surprisingly my old XCR.

Super Sled said:

Thx all.

I exchanged them for for BR9ECS plugs, which is what I've used for years.

They did sell BR9ECS, BR9ECS-s, and BR9ECS-5.

I'm going to still use BR9ECS. What are BR9ECS-s then? The BR9ECS-5 are for Doo's?

Br9es stock plug

br9ecs Anti Fouling plug

br9eya anti fouling with a vgrove cut in the electrode

br9eix iridim electrode, anti fouling, and ground strap has taper cut to increase cooling

BR9ECS-S stands for solid tip not screw on,, I will chose solid over screw on as they can come loose.........

When I bought my sled it had the br9ecs plugs in it however they were a year old. The sled came with new plugs but the old ones looked fine and the n ew ones were champion copper plus 805c n2c. Not wantikng to have issues I errored on the side of caution. Are these plugs a cross reference for the champions and could I at least toss them in the pouch for an extra on the trail or just toss them out? I would have never bought them but if they will be fine as a short term pinch....I would keep them as extras.

dragonsm said:
When I bought my sled it had the br9ecs plugs in it however they were a year old. The sled came with new plugs but the old ones looked fine and the n ew ones were champion copper plus 805c n2c. Not wantikng to have issues I errored on the side of caution. Are these plugs a cross reference for the champions and could I at least toss them in the pouch for an extra on the trail or just toss them out? I would have never bought them but if they will be fine as a short term pinch....I would keep them as extras.

Can't say whether they cross ref to NGK (try Champion's website) and even though I wouldn't run them on a regular basis, as long as Champion says they cross ref to br9ecs I'd keep them as spares.

Ran the EYA's for the first 100 miles and they started to foul (sled running pig rich). Swapped them for some ECS's before they got to bad and the sled ran like crap. Put the EYA's (the old ones on their way to being fouled) back in after 10 miles and it ran like a champ and continues too.

I guess the EYA's are a quick fix for a sled running way rich....

Back