A couple of bucks snowmobile accident.

bluebandit98 said:
woke up 2 hours later sever concusion an broken pinky an bruised everythign for bout 40 plus miles an hour but its my 6th concuson from bein a maniac an this one realy slowed my role an made me think about family when my thumb starts gettin itchy in th ewooded trails the ole xtc 700 even with only one ta an one skit still made me out to the rode a mile out

I woke up in ICU approx 2 weeks later. I was probably going around 50-60 mph and went off a cliff. Hit a tree around 10 to 15 feet in the air with my entire left side of my body. Which would explain why my entire left side is AFU and partially paralized from waist to shoulder. But I have come a LOOOOOOOOOONG way from where I was 2 months ago. If I EVER AM ABLE TO RIDE AGAIN, things are going to be much,much,much different. At least I have my right hand available to wipe my @ss. Thank the good LORD and his posse.

Glad you're doing much better, keep it up...
I have been slowing down the older I get, buy every once and a while I still do some crap, and take chances that make me wonder later, what the heck I was thinking.
I did a quick look and launched across a highway early this year, almost met the bumper from a truck at 60MPH. Now I definatley stop and look a few times each way, I don't care if I'm holding up sleds behind me...
Enough about me.
Get well, and stay well.

Thanks Klown.......My first ride after recovery is going to be patheticly slow. I'll probably go out with my kid waaaaaay before I go on a group ride. I'd hold the group up like a 90 year old driver. Gonna be very cautious.

Ain't that the truth, I can be having a bad day but when I get home and see my dog so happy to see me it helps. Happy to hear you're doing good!

A couple of bucks said:
Probably be back to work @ FALL. LOTS AND LOTS of rehab.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaa, that definately didn't happen. Gonna miss an entire year of work for sure. And more than likely....alot more. A leisurely ride w/ my son turns into a life changing experience. Not just for me, but the whole family.
Left arm is still paralized from the nerves that were severed. The team of doctors that put 'humpty dumpty' back together, will be sending me up to Mayo for nerve grafting. Possibly from a cadaver. They do not know if the nerves that they need(in me) are OK.

wow, Good Luck Dan!

Oh, at my house my four legged friends(dogs) are called kids.... Gotta love 'em, endless unabiding companionship and love.

Yeah Dan, ya gotta get fixed up by next season so you can see Jimmy on his "Yamajunk" RX1 that is so bad compared to his Cats....

Thank-you to ALL. It has been a long and trying road for not just myself, but the whole family. Thankfully, the wife is allways there to get me back on track.

Reading back to earlier posts of mine in the thread, I realized that a few of my posts were incorrect. Things are abit clearer now. Probably had something to do with being on a pain pump for a month and then on narcotics after I got out of the rehab facility. I alway thought people went on pain pumps who are terminal.

Anywho.......I don't remember anything from approximently 7 minutes before the accident to 7 days after.Week #2 in ICU is still bits & pieces. Week 3 is pretty much all there. Both lungs collapsed, left lung punctured in multiple places, 12 breaks in my ribs on the left side. The rest is close enough.

It's realy kind of spooky, because for some reason I thought about this particular field all summer long whenever I worked on the sled. And then there is the multitude of things that I did that night, THAT I NEVER DO.
1. Didn't wait for the wife to get home during a snowstorm. (1.5 ft)
2. I never ride at night.
3. I never lead.
4. I never lead on an unknown trail.
5. I never lead on an unknown trail in at least a foot of powder.

I really do believe it was destiny for me to hit that damn tree.

Last edited:
SXRider7Hundo said:
Jimmy on his "Yamajunk" RX1 that is so bad compared to his Cats....

OOOOOHHHHHH how his tune has changed. I remember when those two manufacturers were flip-flopped.
It was........Jimmy on his "Arctic cr@p" that is so bad compared to my yamajunk.
Well everybody gets tired of wrenchin at some point. It's allways better to ride than wrench.

Last edited:
Wow, first I saw this thread.....I'll be 50 this riding season and trying to somewhat keep up with the younger crowd sounds like a Tek vest in my future. Think of your family when you are down ! God Bless !

i just seen this, good to hear that your recovering! and yeah, i got the motor out of your old 97 sx, boy, does she ever haul, it toped off my project sled, its just what i needed, at a great price also! ill get a video of it soon and ill keep ya updated! hope everything will all be ok!

97mm700 said:
i just seen this, good to hear that your recovering! and yeah, i got the motor out of your old 97 sx, boy, does she ever haul, it toped off my project sled, its just what i needed, at a great price also! ill get a video of it soon and ill keep ya updated! hope everything will all be ok!

It would be good to see my old motor back in the fight. I'll bet there is not a single day that goes by that I do not think of her.

Motels @ Mayo clinic

Gonna be going up to Mineapolis to the Mayo clinic in February for operation #4. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a motel that the wife can stay at. She is certainly not much of a driver, so if possible , something close. This particular surgery has only been done 11 times in the US. Hopefully they will get everything right the first time around. I'm just hoping they don't have to use a cadaver for parts. Mabey if parts are needed, they will be embossed w/ a blue crossed tuning fork.

I stay on bandel road in a comfort inn,, but,, it's about 10 miles away.. Right by a DOG PARK so my "guys" can have access... it's one highway and about a mile of "downtown",, but relatively simple to do... Northwest of the mayo.. if you are getting the surgery done at St Mary,s then it's easier,, St Mary's is right off of the highway... It's called Comfort Inn and it's on BANDEL Road... Mayo price is 75.00 a night OR CHEAPER.. Depending how long and what nights... GOOD LUCK with your surgery...

You have to tell them you are going to Mayo and you want the discount...

Back