Best place for OEM parts

Here are some price comparison's on a 8DN-17641-01-00 V-belt.

YAMAHA SPORTS PLAZA $46.17

METRIC PARTS OUTLET $54.36

PORT YAMAHA $55.40

I have heard that since Yamaha Sports Plaza is Yamaha's #1 parts dealer in the U.S they get better factory pricing. Their parts business is probably their bread and butter and floor sales are second. Just my 2 cents!

yam429 said:
Yamaha Sports Plaza will beat Port Yamaha's prices hands down or anyone elses prices check them out. My buddy that works at a Yamaha dealership can't even get parts that cheap with his discount.

I have purchased a ton of parts from Yamaha Sports Plaza - aka South Seattle Powersports. I talked with them over a year ago and they were at a crossroads of whether to continue the push to become the #1 Yamaha parts dealer. At the time they needed to decide whether to continue offering the 27% - 30% discount on parts, or focus more on accessories. I think we convinced them to focus more on parts. I also encouraged them to become a site sponsor, but to the best of knowledge they have yet to do so. Thus I do not promote them as a parts supplier. I also try to give as much of my business as possible to existing site sponsors. One thing to note is that it can take as much as 3 weeks to get parts from them.

I have had a number of shipments from them take this long. They don't call it backorder, but they do need to have some parts shipped to them before shipping to the customer.

Yamaha Sports Plaza for 8DN17641-00-00 $46.17 shipping is $12.61 total $58.78
Yamaha Parts Nation for 8DN17641-00-00 $45.51 but shipping is $19.47 total $64.98

I gotta give some props to cyclepartsnation.com / yamahapartsnation.com for a hassle free online ordering experience and quicker parts availability than expected. I ordered Monday night and received an email Thursday morning with an invoice that the parts were in (I chose to pick up since they are local to me). Took the invoice in and handed it to one of the guys behind the counter and in a couple minutes I had my parts and a printout of my charge receipt.

Prices were much better than most of the other dealership parts fiches, local or otherwise, although I haven't compared with Yamaha Sports Plaza since the shipping charges would put the total much higher, and the timeframe would likely be a bit longer. The order wasn't huge, but it was easy to do online and unless I need something right away it is very convenient compared to calling a dealer parts dept or standing at the parts counter while PN's are looked up and stock checked, and then having to pay more.

My 2c's, Ron

the local dealer will often give me 10 or 15 percent off and get it to me within 2 days. But I would be interested to know if there are any Canadian online Yamaha parts stores.

Just did a price comparison on 5 parts from Yamaha Parts Nation and Port Yamaha. I have heard great things about Port Yamaha but Parts Nation was lower on 5 of 5 parts, by 15 to 18% lower.

Id like to add that I get my parts usually from sprorts plaza but unless im being unreasonable which is a poss., I ordered some bolts and pivot arm for trailing arm so nothing really any weight to it and shipping came out to 20 dollars. So I ordered 65 dollars in parts but shipping ends up being a third of the parts price. now the stuff i ordered could fit in a 5 dollar flat rate usps box. For the heck of it i added a belt to my order and it added like 10 cents to my shipping. Im wondering if that is a way for them to make back some of heavy discount they offer?

1CrazySledder said:
This thread is "okay" seeing how no one is actually pushing a site. I do buy my yamaha parts from port for a couple reasons. Not only is kevin a fellow rider and a sponsor of this site, he knows what he is doing. Very knowledgeable. I do what I can to support the sponsors of this site, as they are the reason we are still up and running. I think of it as giving back for the information I receive here.
I agree 100%. Had great luck getting the odds and ends that I needed when installing the mono in my viper

Back