Maxximum shock brackets

mine was way off when I added them to my sx. Some say you don't need to. if you get a 5/8 inch cold rolled round steel bar, it works just like the yamaha front end adj. piece. Maxdlx

i have a srx im just using the stock brackets and that was your toe out that was off? or you camber? or both thanks

Ok.. to go back across 2 threads.. initial problem was not hooking.. then onto flipping the maxximum shock brackets. Did that to raise the front end.. MUCH better.
Yesterday I let the straps out another 1/2" (1/2" now showing above the nuts). Went out on my road (8" of snow run over by cars/trucks on probably 1/2" ice base).
Holy crap did this thing hook and go!!!!
Never, ever, ever has this sled ran like that.. in 3 years of owning it (1 year it had a big bore kit in it) and all kinds of suspension/clutch adjustments.
Actually, the only other sled I have ever been on that accelerated like this one did was a race thundercat that made around 200 HP N/A. Yes Don, it pulled harder than even yours did :) (Don - MrViper700 did the port work on this SRX.. kicks ***!!)
It's now one damn impressive machine.. both on the big bumpy trails or on a road/lake.
Drag race on Sunday.. I have a feeling gonna be some ***-whoopin and it's not gonna be mine ;)

What made you decide to remove the big bore kit? I thought you had that thing dialed in pretty well, except for the traction problem?

sweet

Mike, Im hurt....................lmao, just kidding, I guess taking 2nd place to something 300cc bigger and modded isnt half bad...lol, glad you like it!! Have not lost to many t cats ever, I guess those little 700 yammys will run if you open the right doors inside the engine huh?? Enjoy and have a great holiday, Merry Christmas to you and your family!! :WayCool: :WayCool:

Back