MN TY Ride - Feb 17-20

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I couldn't find anything for this ride other than the Ride info posts. SO I'll start this. The 4-stroke side has a separate thread for it so...

Anyways, the ride is only 3 weeks away and the snow on the Iron Range is AWESOME!!! The hotel in Chisholm (The Chisholm Inn & Suites) is good place from what I've heard. I'm looking forward to meeting some more TY members this year.

3 of us from the Cities, Nicko, Snowpunisher & I, are driving up together this year, and staying at my mother-in-law's cabin, we're planning on being there by noon of Friday if not earlier. This is going to be a great ride!

Last edited:

I'll be coaching basketball that weekend, but if enough people were going to be around on Friday I could drive up in the morning, ride for the day (maybe an off trail day) and then go home Friday night.

Andy is the Boss on this one but I can be ready to leavo and be there Friday to ride an Off Trail Ride, they told me there is les rocks off the trail... ;)!

As of right now, I have to get my kids off to school early on Friday, (to the bus stop at 7:10) We can leave as soon as I get back (7:30ish). Which means we could be to Chisholm or Side Lake by 10ish as long as Nick doesn't have to stop to use the bathroom a bunch of times.... ;)

P.S. Kids might not have school that Friday, if that's case I'm going to see if they stay at their Aunt's house the night before then we can leave as early as we want.

Last edited:
sleddineinar said:
Sounds like we'll be leaving my place around 11 pm on Thursday night. So, we'll in the Chisholm area for full day of Riding on Friday.

my dad and i will be up there thursday afternoon thru Sunday morning. we will be heading up there on Thursday morning and be coming back home sunday morning. we will be staying at the chisholm inn and suites, we should meet up and ride.

Carter Lentsch

We're staying on Side Lake which is about 15 miles from Chisholm, you could ride out, there is a trail. I'd have to pull up a map and look at it, to tell you exactly. But Side Lake is pretty easy to find. Everybody around there knows where it's at. McCarthy Beach State Park right across the lake from our cabin.

I added a map to Bimbo's on Side Lake. We can meet there, our cabin is just down the lake, or we could just ride into town and meet you guys at the Hotel. It doesn't matter. I think the ride to Bimbo's or to the Hotel is about 1/2 hour. I was thinking about riding to Cook then for breakfast, there is great place called The Montana Cafe.

Attachments

• toBimbos.jpg
    toBimbos.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
sleddineinar said:
We're staying on Side Lake which is about 15 miles from Chisholm, you could ride out, there is a trail. I'd have to pull up a map and look at it, to tell you exactly. But Side Lake is pretty easy to find. Everybody around there knows where it's at. McCarthy Beach State Park right across the lake from our cabin.

I added a map to Bimbo's on Side Lake. We can meet there, our cabin is just down the lake, or we could just ride into town and meet you guys at the Hotel. It doesn't matter. I think the ride to Bimbo's or to the Hotel is about 1/2 hour. I was thinking about riding to Cook then for breakfast, there is great place called The Montana Cafe.

we could meet you at Bimbos (lol nice name), what time where you thinking? just to get an idea now, we can finalize things when it gets closer.

My cell is 612-227-0997. Text me yours or Kevin's and we can stay in touch when we are heading that way....As far as time talk to Andy, he knows better.

Nick

Here's my cell, 763-439-5748. If we want to go the Montana for breakfast, we could meet as early as 8am or 9am. I'm an early riser, So it don't matter to me. But whatever you guys want to do.

I think my wife and I might run up for the day. We'd probably drop the kid off at school in the morning and be up there (chisholm) about 10ish. Then hook up with you guys for a day of playing off trail assuming someone (Andy) knows the area well enough :) We have to go home Friday evening though as we have basketball Saturday.

Ryan B said:
I think my wife and I might run up for the day. We'd probably drop the kid off at school in the morning and be up there (chisholm) about 10ish. Then hook up with you guys for a day of playing off trail assuming someone (Andy) knows the area well enough :) We have to go home Friday evening though as we have basketball Saturday.

Did you want to get stuck or get lost? I think I can do both... I can't guarantee that somebody won't find a rock though.... Hmmmm, who would that be???

Stuck or lost is fine. Maybe even both at the same time. Trail map, GPS, some snacks, how bad can it really be:) Rocks = Bad - Trees = Traction. Time to resurrect the sapling thrasher.

Cool, my kind of riding, maybe I can even get some carving lessons..... ;)!

Not sure how is the guy with the rock issue :hide:

No lessons here. Lay it over till you fall off is how I do it :) I get a nice circle going and think I can get this a little tighter - then I'm laying there looking at my sled.

Back