MN TY Ride - Feb 17-20

Nicko said:
Me too. ;)!

Ryan if we don't get lost and stuck I wouldn't have a problem coming back for you....
Let's just off trail ride all weekend. Trails are going to be rough and icy. Hyfax will burn and sleds will run hot on those. But off trail will be fine despite that it'll be "hero snow" out there.....

I had been having lots of clutching probs lately. Too much belt slip so I was getting lots of squeel and hot, hot, hot clutch surfaces. So hot i burned through 2 belts in last 2 weeks.

But i got it all straightened away. Clutch faces were dirty, secondary sheavwe not lining up right with primary, and dirty bushing in primary made it so it was not grabbing the belt tight enough.

But lots of research here on TY and alittle work over the last few days and my sled is running well right now. I do have a bad jack shaft (wobbly), but that replacement job will occur this summer.

I can't wait for this weekend!!!

;)!

Last edited:
Super Sled said:
Let's just off trail ride all weekend. Trails are going to be rough and icy. Hyfax will burn and sleds will run hot on those. But off trail will be fine despite that it'll be "hero snow" out there.....

I had been having lots of clutching probs lately. Too much belt slip so I was getting lots of squeel and hot, hot, hot clutch surfaces. So hot i burned through 2 belts in last 2 weeks.

But i got it all straightened away. Clutch faces were dirty, secondary sheavwe not lining up right with primary, and dirty bushing in primary made it so it was not grabbing the belt tight enough.

But lots of research here on TY and alittle work over the last few days and my sled is running well right now. I do have a bad jack shaft (wobbly), but that replacement job will occur this summer.

I can't wait for this weekend!!!

;)!

my dad and i will be up tomorrow afternoon. 9am at bimbos on friday? or are we gonna meet earlier for breakfast?

im sure off trail will be awesome... nobody worry too much. we will have fun either way! look at bright side... atleast its not -30 and windy... i have a feeling the season is far from over...

Nicko said:
See you at 9 am.....Got that thing all polished up....?

Nick

waxed, yes... my right trailing arm looks bad... it has a nice dent in it, but has been reinforced.

cant wait to ride my baby! its so incredably different riding my sled compared to a stock SXR or even my dads SX700 with a doo skid.

Sorry guys - can't make it for the day Friday. Had something come up and wouldn't be able to get there early enough to make it worth the trip. Have a good time:)

Copied from 4stroke side, because im too lazy to type it again! ;)!

My dad and I also had a great time! can't wait for next year!

sure the snow conditions werent the greatest, but it was still a blast!

thanks Dan for letting my dad weld his pipe back up!

that was by far the most fun ive had all winter. its ALOT different up north than down here in Alexandria.

Cant wait to see some of the pictures and to read the write up for this ride!

-Carter Lentsch (i have facebook, ADD ME!!!!)

edit: Andy and Nick: YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!! as i type this you guys are getting HAMMERED with snow. its snowing like a banshee here, but nothing like the 13"+ the news said you guys are gonna get..... :D:DP

:letitsnow :yam:

Hey guys -- I had a great time on Friday. Was an awesome day! Count me in for doing the this ride again next year!!!

Nicko -- I was wrenching on myu sled a bit yesterday and I took out my sway bar. Big difference man!!!

SX Slayer -- You and your dad are a couple of very cool cats. It was really fun going for the "midnight run" Friday nite.

Sledineiner: Sorry we almost hit while off trailing. It's hard to stay under control while bouncing off logs at 30 mph -- trying to buck my off the Mt Viper. But it was fun! I hope your newly minted/ welded steering sten holds up :-)

Dan/ Grizzly1: Thanks for doing the organizing and for doing such a great job leading the unofficial ride on Friday. Very kind, my good man.

What a fun day it was with a great group of guys. I really had fun and appreciated the fun spirit that everyone brought. It was a killer day.

As for me, I'm sorry I couldn't ride Saturday but my back was in such knots I damn near went to the Chiropractor. It just tightened up bad and would not move. Riding would've been painful.

Until next year, take care everyone!

Mike

:rockon:

Last edited:
I want to thank all you guys for making the MN ride a great time.
Especially Andy, Nick, and "Steve" for inviting me along. Can't wait for next year!

Great to see old friends and new faces. Hope every year gets better and better. As soon as I get some pics from Dan I will do the write up of the trip.

If anybody want to share some send them to niconikolov@mchsi.com

Nick

Back