Amsoil

srxman06

Anybody ever heard about issues using amsoil interseptor in srx's and vipers? Heard several stories about them melting down when using it

not melting down, unless the people thought it was better protection and could lean out the oil pump because of it.

I was told by another SRX owner to use Amsoil Dominator
I used it in my SXR and it was great
Haven't put enough miles on my SRX yet, but I hope all will be well

I asked the same question
He has used it for years with no issues
That was good enough for me

I ran the interceptor for about 5 years but it really didn't keep my PV's any cleaner than normal so I switched back to Yamalube being it's about $10 cheaper per gallon.

i have actually done alittle research on this same topic, im in the Air Force and we sponsor a snow cross team which is also sponsored by amsoil, i asked there mech what the diff was between the 2. he said that you dont have to run the dominator unless your running race fuel i believe it has something to do with the heat hope this helps i run the dominator for the smell lol

journeyman said:
I ran the interceptor for about 5 years but it really didn't keep my PV's any cleaner than normal so I switched back to Yamalube being it's about $10 cheaper per gallon.
I actually found my valves stuck every 500 miles and never needed to do an in season service before that. yamalube before and would be 2k+ miles in a season completely problem free. and that was for the first 6-7k miles I think. thats my experience. and yes, for some reason I am still using it lol!

I was told by my local dealer that they found that almost every srx or viper that was brought in and blown up was using amsoil.

srxman06 said:
I was told by my local dealer that they found that almost every srx or viper that was brought in and blown up was using amsoil.
Can you really blame the oil for the blow ups? Dirty carbs or some thing else causing a lean condition is usually to blame. No oil can save a leaned out cylinder for very long. Just my 2 cents.

srxman06 said:

This is very interesting....How can they blame a very good product for failure. I will never understand how top grade oil can ruin a oil...

Some things just don't make sense.... :o|

There is so many things than can cause a burn down: Dirty carbs, dirty gas, dirty airbox, bad oil, worn out rings, craked carb boots, should I keep going.....

What do these dealers have the magic ball and can tell that it was because of the oil....C'mon we all know how much the dealer know about anything right....(Not all of them but most of them)

JMHO

Nick

jd 04viper said:
i have actually done alittle research on this same topic, im in the Air Force and we sponsor a snow cross team which is also sponsored by amsoil, i asked there mech what the diff was between the 2. he said that you dont have to run the dominator unless your running race fuel i believe it has something to do with the heat hope this helps i run the dominator for the smell lol

I'm curious, what was the mechanics name you spoke with and when? I know the owner, and the team... Not anyone can just call and talk with the mechanic...And of course they would tell you it's good, they are sponsored by them, get paid huge bucks to put amsoil on their stuff, and get the products for free... Gunna expect them to tell you it's shit?

I'll never run amsoil...Too dry, doesn't leave a good film on bearings in bottom end.

Here we go again......People and there OIL. Run whatever you want, burn it, fix it and run it again....... :rulez:

Nick

Back