2 weeks into February and not much talk about 2012??

Zachalyse

What's going on here? Usually there's about 5 or 6 topics speculating the new Yamaha's. Is everybody feeling ok? You guys have really calmed down in here. Maybe it's the fact that we actually have snow and everyone is riding instead of typing.

we all know that they didn't change much for 2012..wow power steering and that the prices all went up.What is there to be hyper about.My SRX is running strong now..no need for a new sled.

there are some 2012 demo rides this weekend,but I won't be there..will be riding with the guys instead..My stepson's friend's Parents own one of the dealerships..I could go and probably ride all day..but no biggie.

nobody can afford the damn things. Instead of adding all the frill & gadgets, I'd like to see yami build a stripped down, bare bones, trail/race sled. A lightweight apex or nytro, with only enough parts to make it run/drive, & keep your hands warm. That would be cool.

I know I aint going to be able to afford one... so whats the point? I just hope enough guys can afford em so in 5 yrs I can afford to buy their used one.

ottawaair said:
nobody can afford the damn things. Instead of adding all the frill & gadgets, I'd like to see yami build a stripped down, bare bones, trail/race sled. A lightweight apex or nytro, with only enough parts to make it run/drive, & keep your hands warm. That would be cool.

X2!!!!!!

with the tech and advances they have made both factory and A/M the engineers should be able to make a rocket ship that could compete with anything any of us are working with straight out of the box!!!

Why dont they get it!!!???

THERE IS STILL A 2 STROKE MARKET!!!!!!

thstorms said:
X2!!!!!!

with the tech and advances they have made both factory and A/M the engineers should be able to make a rocket ship that could compete with anything any of us are working with straight out of the box!!!

Why dont they get it!!!???

THERE IS STILL A 2 STROKE MARKET!!!!!!

Yes there still is a 2 stroke market but the goverment will soon push the 2 strokes out. Yamaha could see what was going to happen in the future and went all 4 strokes I know that the price scares a lot of people away and it should but I remember that I bought two new sleds one in 97 and 98 both MM600 both cost me around 7200 out the door that was 13 years ago I picked up a 2010 XTX for 8300 and I can tell you that the cost of keeping the 2 stroke going are far more than the 4 stroke. After putting a 1000 miles on my XTX I cant hardly get back on my 97 MM600 and ride and I loved that sled for 13 years. We all are going to have to make the change the goverment will make us change. Look at how the automotive and diesel truck industry has changed the recreation industry is not far behind.

mtnmaxman600 said:
the goverment will soon push the 2 strokes out. Yamaha could see what was going to happen in the future and went all 4 strokes I picked up a 2010 XTX and I can tell you that the cost of keeping the 2 stroke going are far more than the 4 stroke. After putting a 1000 miles on my XTX I cant hardly get back on my 97 MM600 and ride and I loved that sled for 13 years. We all are going to have to make the change the goverment will make us change.

I know I know!!!! The Government will always force the change anywhere they can make their money and make us conform!!!!

............... but I like dumping $1,000 a year into my sled to keep it going......... LMFAO :2strokes:

If I buy an Apex... with powersteering, and ABS, and Windshield wipers...... I wont have an excuse to spend sooooo much time in the garage!!!!! :rofl:

you can spend your time washing and polishing it..oh and detailing it as well after every ride.

how about a factory turbo sled equipped with a Parachute for brakes..come to think of it ,it can be called the SRX..the rocket.

I waxed my sled this year...... and I have been known to find a reason to warm up the garage to...... check things out..... actually...... uuuummmmm.... sssoooo I dont like snow on my sled when I'm not riding it!!!!!

WHO CARES!!!!!

130 HP "NEW" Phazer, 550 lbs. dry, new front suspension that rolls over in a corner much like a motorcycle does, rear track is rounded to accomplish this tilt, this sled will no doubt rail around the corners....more info over on the 4 stroke side..... :jump:

Coldplay97 said:
130 HP "NEW" Phazer, 550 lbs. dry, new front suspension that rolls over in a corner much like a motorcycle does, rear track is rounded to accomplish this tilt, this sled will no doubt rail around the corners....more info over on the 4 stroke side..... :jump:

Sounds cool, still a bit on the heavy side, and a rounded track??? Sounds like it would be an expensive track to replace?

bluemonster1 said:
we all know that they didn't change much for 2012..wow power steering and that the prices all went up.What is there to be hyper about.My SRX is running strong now..no need for a new sled.

Well, having ridden the demo fleet again at Cruiserfest, and jawing with the yamaha guys, I can assure anyone that power steering (at least for the vector, and hopefully the venture Gt)and new paint and graphics is all that will happen for 2012.

Of course many hoped for a 100 hp or so model, byt that does not appear to be a reality yet.

We will find out february 28th i guess.

In all years past, the unveil of the new yamahas was literally right before cruiserfest, so that is why it's been quiet.. Y delayed their new model announcements... but the topic has come up a few times recently.

I was very impressed with the new apex models, especially the XTX, as the power steering and the motor mods have really shined, but at the 14,400 for the apex xtx, I have a hard time justifying that amount of $$ for a toy that is used only when conditions allow.

they combined 2 yz 250f motors to make the phazer motor which is 80 hp. Id like to see them put 2 yz 450 motors together now that would be a light (compared to the apex or nytro engine) 900cc twin engine that would produce pretty good horsepower.

you have to remember sales of sleds is down around 24 % and most of it is in the US.New markets are being opened in Europe and Russia.That is a lot less sleds being sold and used sleds are at a premium.You would think the builders would start to get back to just a basic reliable sled with no big bells and whistle items(ie:power steering) and drop the prices in half at least.This way you would start to sell more sleds and along with it more accessories to...But can't expect people to get into the sport paying like $18,000 here for an APEX..just won't fly.

Back