2 weeks into February and not much talk about 2012??

i would love to see yamaha come back with a 2 stroke direct injection setup like ski-doo, i feel this motor is less parts less money to build.(period) just as efficient and powerful as a 4 stroke, 400lb sled why not, the use of carbon, titanium, light alloys ect..have to wait and see....

it seems that the main players all have their year and take turns in the limelight, turbo cat 175HP production, polaris proride last, skidoo xp emotion this year...maybe next year for yamaha :2strokes:

That would be nice, because I am going to be ready for a new sled in a couple years and am really conflicted between the doos and yamahas right now. Obviously I would like to stick with Yamaha, but wish they had something a little less like my wifes buick.

New paint, windshield wipers, ABS and rear view mirrors.... Same sleds new colors? what gives here? Maybe they will offer a TOW PACKAGE similar to the Chevy HD's and Super Duty's. Haha

Coldplay97 said:
i would love to see yamaha come back with a 2 stroke direct injection setup like ski-doo, i feel this motor is less parts less money to build.(period) just as efficient and powerful as a 4 stroke, 400lb sled why not, the use of carbon, titanium, light alloys ect..have to wait and see....

it seems that the main players all have their year and take turns in the limelight, turbo cat 175HP production, polaris proride last, skidoo xp emotion this year...maybe next year for yamaha :2strokes:
the problem is that all the tech involved to make a clean 2 stroke does not make it cheaper to build. doo had to come up with all the tech and now it needs to pay for itself. yamaha borrows most of the tech, none of it is rare o rnew and unproven, and it is fairly straightforward and simple (from a production standpoint) I think smaller companies such as cat and polaris will find it harder as they dont really have tech they can borrow, or are large enough to be bale to afford low snow years. I know they are picking up this year, I just hope it all holds out!!

03viperguy said:
the problem is that all the tech involved to make a clean 2 stroke does not make it cheaper to build. doo had to come up with all the tech and now it needs to pay for itself. yamaha borrows most of the tech, none of it is rare o rnew and unproven, and it is fairly straightforward and simple (from a production standpoint) I think smaller companies such as cat and polaris will find it harder as they dont really have tech they can borrow, or are large enough to be bale to afford low snow years. I know they are picking up this year, I just hope it all holds out!!

exactly.

Yamaha has ditched as much 2 stroke tech as they can, and concentrated on 4 strokes.

We won't be seeing any 2 strokes from yamaha in any time soon, if ever.

Now, as far as the government cares, they don't care if it's a 2 stroke a 4 stroke, or a diesel, as long as it meets the emissions requirements.

I could not care any less about the 2012 sleds. Yamaha's prices are out of control. I would never spent over $12 grand for a sled. I'll keep my 03 RX1 and two 00 SRX's. 12 grand for something I can use at most for 70 days, no way. Sorry for the rant.

$12,000 is cheap Jim..out here your lookin at around $18,000 not including taxes..close to $20,000 when all added up for an Apex top of the line model.

Sales of new sleds here I am sure has dropped.I scan the adds and there are a ton of used sleds for sale..a lot to go around and no need to buy new ones.,especially for a young guy and a beginner.

Just moved to fort mac, and the snow is thick and heavy from Oct, to april. SO I would deffinately get use out of a sled here apposed to Hamilton, Ontario. But def not worth paying 18,000+. I wil only buy used until the prices become more realistic!

Prices only go 1 way and that is UP UP UP....I could see paying that kind of money if you can sled 12 months of the year and ride to work and back with it also..otherwise not worth it..
same thing as motorcycles here..insurance out of this world for riding a few months of the year and half them months it rains.Tried selling my 85 Maxim700..no takers..so stripped it down and making money on the parts now.I am up to $900 already from selling stuff..lots to sell yet.

The funny thing is that the reps at the demo rides were going on and on about how well sales have gone this year.

While I was waiting, 2 apexes were sold right from the display.

bluemonster1 said:
your making the big $$$ up in Ft Mcmurray..you can afford to drop $18,000 down no problem...lol

LOL! Coming from a Hamilton Income and spending habbits I wont be dropping 18K anytime soon.

Back