....my friend the end....

killerklown

Looks like the season is really over, it always sneeks up so fast. I'm looking forward to picking up a nice Warrior and riding next year already. Hope everyone made it through the season safely...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 23

Ive seen this happen before and i think we will still get some more snow but it really sucks that we lost pretty much all snow and alot of ice on the local river sucks!

Only thing frozen around here is the lakes. Still have plenty of ice, but it is turning black fast. I serviced all the sleds and are already stored away for the summer. No reason to wait now. Al

alswagg said:
Only thing frozen around here is the lakes. Still have plenty of ice, but it is turning black fast. I serviced all the sleds and are already stored away for the summer. No reason to wait now. Al

Still a lot of ice here, the river is heaving but still passable and the bay still has 12"-18". My neighbor took the day off to fish and had some jumbos go through his hole but only dinks were biting. Lots of wind so we may see some ice floaters this weekend.

She's shhhloppy.

Fogged the Kitty Kat today...

-35C here in fort mac yesterday, today -25c lots of snow, just got 1+feet three days ago! Winter aint over yet, not for another 3+ months!

SE WI we are done unless we get another good snow fall, but looks like the bike might be coming out soon with these 40 plus temps, oh well at least its another Yammie!

yep..still have lots of snow here..good for another month or so and nice and cold out now to..after todays storm will be out busting the huge drifts everywhere...

From Outweather.com

WINTER STORM WATCH
Warning Issue Date: 308 PM CST FRI FEB 18 2011

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
SUNDAY NIGHT...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
SUNDAY NIGHT.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL ARRIVE IN CENTRAL AND NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN
BY SUNDAY MORNING...AND REACH EAST CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST
WISCONSIN BY MIDDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION/PRECIP TYPE: SIX TO TEN INCHES OF SNOW ARE
EXPECTED...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.
* MAIN IMPACT: TRAVEL BY CAR OR TRUCK WILL BECOME VERY DIFFICULT
BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON ACROSS THE REGION. THERE MAY BE CONSIDERABLE
AIR TRAVEL DISRUPTION AS WELL.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE
LATEST FORECASTS.
&&

easy boys its all coming back...big storms coming next week....hold ....onnnnnn!

Maybe just maybe one more ride...

Tomorrow: Cloudy. Snow likely in the afternoon. High 32F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.
Tomorrow night: Periods of snow. Low 28F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches.

Last edited:
Not enough to open the trails.... Selling the SRX this weekend I think, and the hunt is on for my WARRIOR!

New report this morning says 9-12 inches. We might just have enough to reopen the trails. The thaw hurt but we still have some snow packed down on the trail. We will see how this storm develops.

nearly broke our necks,backs and sleds today on all the new drifts.I can hardly walk right now...but will be out there again tomorrow doing it all over again. ;)!

Lots of snow here in NWO...we survived a couple days of above zero and have recieved another couple inches. Rode 300+ miles yesterday. The trails are in good shape except they are no longer grooming the lakes do to unpredictable ice conditions...I think lake grooming may be a thing of the past...

We'll definetely ride here again, I can feel it in my bones lol!Gotta stay optimistic in this sport besides its still very early to be giving up and saying its over!

Looks like about 1/4 mile visibility here right now. Radar doesn't look super promising, but I'm just hoping for the best possible accumulation. Forecasts range from 4-18 depending on channel?!?!
I'd like to get the SRX out for more more horah! If we get 18 and the trails open I will ride all through the night, no joke! A sick day may be in order tomorrow as well.
Keep your fingers crossed Wisconsinites!!!

Back