new cats.. opinions??

they are ALL expensive. I still say that argument is moot. when they are all as close as they are, just pick one you think is going to last and do what you want.

The new AC's remind me a Ski Doo with a little Polaris thrown in, and has overstuffed chipmunk cheeks. Also don't care for the woodchuck teeth in the front - lol the cat is becoming more of a rodent every day.

That said, they do look better than many of AC's previous offerings, but that's not saying much.

srx700c said:
The new AC's remind me a Ski Doo with a little Polaris thrown in, and has overstuffed chipmunk cheeks. Also don't care for the woodchuck teeth in the front - lol the cat is becoming more of a rodent every day.
lmao..rodent..I hate rodents.... :rofl:

:die: :die: RODENT!!!!! :rofl:

something like this...lol.the more I look at it..I know what you mean..lmaorof

Attachments

• 0001-0403-3100-0821_TN.jpg
    0001-0403-3100-0821_TN.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Color a little green into that pic and I think you've got it!

I like your solution to rodent control. There are too many of them annoying varmints around here and traditional extermination methods don't get 'em all!

well we have a big flood coming around this spring again..that usually eliminates rats,mice and other rodents for a good year at least.A lot of them will drown of course.Got the space under my front steps sealed with heavy duty wire type fence so skunks can't nest there either.In the last big flood of 97 had 2 jack rabbits trapped inside my dike around the house..they had no where to go.Found 1 dead after waters went down..the other escaped some how..

I was refering to AC rodent control ;)!. With that in mind, and expanding on with your post above, you are including skunks in with AC? I like it!
I hope the floods also clean up your area of all the ugly, broken down, green rodents as well!

Simple is what works, seems like these sleds are "over enginered" and is ruining the sport. Whats next heated cabs with ipods?

yeah I passed a green rodent today on the River..he wouldn't stay on his side of the trail..so I just kept my line and eventually he had to move over to the right.....I knew he wasn't gonna wave to a Yami..but I waved first and he actually moved his arm..what a rodent..lol..He was probably lookinbg for the belt he blew the other day...lol

i rode arcticast for since i was 10 brand traded in 08 love theyre ride if i could get my 700 in a fire cat or rev id have the sled ive always dream of reliability i jus dont like my yami cuz she hates leaving the ground when i had artica cat i was always jumpin got a yami an i barely let her leave the ground unless im cat walkin like an animal

177HP turbo??

I think Yamaha will be forced to build something similar next year but even better

tomseal6 said:
177HP turbo??

I think Yamaha will be forced to build something similar next year but even better
twin cylinder design huge bore and stroke.

Apex = at least 150 HP on 1000 NA CC's smaller engine then the cat. I cant imagine what the #s would be with a turbo 1000 yamaha in a mass production form.

I love the looks and skid design of the sled, the single rear wheel is a great design as well. I wish yamaha would get on the stick and make some better looking sleds. That nitro looks like a cab over compared to the new cats.

I honestly got nothing but good things to say about the newer cats and this year they are friggen AWESOME!!!. The 2012 M8 HCR is my next sled for sure. When/if my Mountain Max ever dies im saying goodbye to yamaha snowmobiles :( to bad yamaha cant keep up with the rest. I might be back when im an old weak man that needs power steering, electric start and comfort lol

BETHEVIPER said:
I love the looks and skid design of the sled, the single rear wheel is a great design as well. I wish yamaha would get on the stick and make some better looking sleds. That nitro looks like a cab over compared to the new cats.
I still dont understand what they did with the rear axle. cant find the info on their site. they do have some neat ideas, just want to see them hold up a few years before I would think of one. I love the look and idea of an F7, but man those things had/have issues!

Well guys, here I sit contemplating my first yamaha in 10 years. You talk about cats poor quality and I have logged over 30000 miles over the years and never been pulled home. Now, in 2002 I ordered a viper and rode it just as I had my cat the year before. Same ditches, same road approaches, same everything. Believe it or not something broke 4 of 6 weekends and the motor quit the next week due to the ram air/snow induction. What broke:suspension in front, in back, motor mount, rear track tensioner bolt head, etc.... Only now that I am older and ride a bit easier do I consider a yami again. Was it a fluke, maybe. Is it a fluke that my cats have made it back every time for 22 years, maybe again. All I know is they all look good and damned expensive. If I can slip one by the wife next year I'll be smilin.

Back