Musselman's SRX Project

What tunnel extension are you using? Did you tilt it to kick up higher I'm the back? It looks like its way up there.

The problem with that bracket is it is made to be attached to a flat bulkhead. It is copied from the polaris front end from the mid to late 90s. It might even have been sourced from poo for their front end instead of having them made. Nice work. I think you should build over the front end to use a apex style front end.

That would be a really cool project, just don't know if I'm up for it, works pretty good right now. I have wanted to convert the cowl over to a viper but I think I will have too many problems fitting the pipes, I may just leave it alone and ride it.

Got out for a short test ride on the weekend, trails were really nice actually.

Sled worked awesome, there is a nice section of bumps I found which worked great to test out the suspension.

the clutching needs slight tweaking, it seems to be shifting too quickly but will rev out to 8400 if I ease into it. Seems to have a low cruising rpm which is great for trail running. I'm going to try and wrap the secondary 10 more degrees and see if that helps.

Also just to add to that, the new cobra 1.6 worked amazing. Holy crap does it ever hook up, hopefully it will hold up though as it is fairly soft.

More updates,

Since all the trails are closed now I have been cleaning up the sled and want to try and fit a larger windshield. Problem is that with the mid or tall my hand guards will hit when turning.

So I have a crappy mid shield that I am going to cut down a bit so it will clear the hand guards and still be about 1.5" higher than the low shield. I like how it is a bit wider as well.

I have removed the trim and just need to figure out where to cut and what shape to go with. If it turns out nice I will sand and polish it to make it look nice.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on what to do that would be great.

I used my angle grinder to cut off the edge of the upper section. I used a marker to make my cut marks. worked well. I just epoxied the existing trip back on and trimmed the ends. the trim goes on better when its warm...

Did some trimming last night on the wind shield. I found it easiest to cut with tin snips actually then smooth with my dremel. I finished off with sand paper on a block to get the edges smooth and straight. Clearance between hand guards is about 1/2" at full turn.

I used the stock low shield to sculpt the center portion and then blended it into the sides. I think it looks ok but hard to tell because its all scratched.

Pictures below show the semi-finished state, I may smooth the edges a bit more then polish it up and paint. It is quite a bit bigger and should provide a bit more protection, let me know what you guys think.

I was just thinking black but I did have a white one on my old sx and loved the look. I think I might go with white, pictures below.
Windshield Black.jpgWinshield White.jpg

When in doubt about weather you should go black or another color, always go with black, unless the other color is black.

i sure love the white on these sleds, my personal favorite mod to mine was the white vents.

sunderland ehh? thats my neck of the woods... surprised i haven't seen this sled around.

i sure love the white on these sleds, my personal favorite mod to mine was the white vents.

sunderland ehh? thats my neck of the woods... surprised i haven't seen this sled around.

Yah, do like the white as well, I might just see how clear I can get it first and run it that way for a bit. If it's still ugly I may have to paint it, currently have it wet sanded, has a nice frosted look lol.

I just moved there in the fall, haven't been riding too much unfortunately because we have no snow! Thinking about doing a trip to Cochrane this year maybe.

Where abouts are you?

Back