Srx vs. f7

Yamahauler

Well I am walking areound with my tail between my legs. My dad bought a f7 this year and we finally got to test theem out and it isnt pretty. He is about a school bus length in front of me. I have pat hauck # 4 clutch kit right now it works good against other srx's and about any other sled in its class but the f7s.Wow them damn f7s run awesome.

does anybody recommend anything, I need help

How far did you race?Get him out on the lake and race him,you'll gain your pride back.I had heel clickers in mine and the f7's could get about a 2-3 sled length lead on me out of the hole but by 500 feet or so i usually catch up and take em from there.If you have a 2000 or newer srx you should be able to beat him from start to finish with a little tuning,Traction is what hurts ya,i put a predetor track with 144 extreme max studs in my 01.That was a huge improvement over stock track.

800 kit

put a bikeman performance 800 kit in he wont even be close i'll line up with any 700 - 800 and very rarely been beat - and if you want to add some more put performance engineering's 8" rear wheel kit and hyper-lite secondary clutch ;)!

Shake his hand congratulate him on his purchase of the fastest green hand grenade ever produced and get back to enjoying all the parts of snowmobiling that don't involve lining-up and drag racing. Save your time and money for fuel and post ride refreshments.

My SRX smokes the F7 no problem with the 1 1/4" kimpex track on it. The stock track doesn't hook up at all. The F7 is a very slow sled and acts like a 600. I think your whole problem is traction.

Yamahauler said:
Well I am walking areound with my tail between my legs. My dad bought a f7 this year and we finally got to test theem out and it isnt pretty. He is about a school bus length in front of me. I have pat hauck # 4 clutch kit right now it works good against other srx's and about any other sled in its class but the f7s.Wow them damn f7s run awesome.

does anybody recommend anything, I need help
What year is your SRX?

try some clutching, and gearing, and definatley some traction!!!!! i run the 1-1/4 ripsaw and hook up great on the trail, as for the f-7 being slow?????????????????? i think we all know the truth there. also try some reed spacers, i put a set of fett. bros in mine and it really helped the bottom end out all the reports i have read, the srx still has one of the fastest 1/4 times to date, ( 700)

It all depends on what surface you are running on - Yamaha's have always done best in the winter on hard pack roads and lakes - pick your surface, then set it up for that - as long as you hook up, you should stay with him out of the hole and start pulling away at about 70-80 mph - triples have alot longer legs than any twin!

Yamahauler - I just want to add one more thing - if it is your Dad you are racing, do what ever you can to keep it friendly - my Dad and I have had a friendly competition for years and I have enjoyed the h**l out of it - one year he wins - the next year I win - it dosen't really matter - just have fun and enjoy your times together - I know I have!

srx vs. f7

I have good traction I come out of the hole with him and then at about 50 he just checks out. I have 192 mega bites 11.75's so that is not my problem. My rpm's are where they are sopposed to be.Were enjoying it he finally can beat me.He just sold his 2000 srx and but the f7. We tried heel clickers but couldnt get them to work so they are on the shelf. Im going to do something.My srx is a 2001 :yam:

Has he done anything to the F7? Or didn't he tell you? There's a chip that makes them come alive. Ask srxspec...(Al Ulmer) He has raced them both. He will tell you in 500-600' ,the F7 is hard to beat. I do believe on a big lake the SRX should shine on full out top end.

yeah you got a good sled to test against most srxs slow down after a few thousand clicks mantain it repace bearings clean power valves srcape carbon from exsahst flanges change bushings on clutches and spings repace helix and buttons and ride on

My riding buddy has an 03 F-7 and it flys. Beats me 1/2 the time on my hyped up Viper. Now he has an 1 1/2" track and studs. I went with the 136" with Ripsaw. I think I got him on HP., but he's got a fast one for sure.

Good luck, you need to be spot on or he'll get ya more often than not.

well as for the reed spacers, without them on my sled i had a pretty big bog off the line when i nailed it, i put the reed spacers in a can put it rite to the bar, no bog just lotsa power, and thats proof enuff for me

reed spacers dont do anything unless ur in a higher elevation then they add 2- 3 hp whats done to your srx that your getting beat i got beat by one last year on a lake but it wasnt close to stock i usually stay with them out of the whole and them top the, out this is with a 600 too remember any mod u put on makes it seem fast when u ride alone u have to test them over and over

srx vs. f7

All he has done is d&d clutch kit,pipe and bullzies.ITS FAST
I keep up on everything as far as maintenence. I just cleaned the power valves and replaced all the bushings and buttons. Just going to keep tinkering ;)!

Last edited:

Back