Srx vs. f7

All I can say is all 3 sleds were brand new, 2 F7's and my SRX 01' and those Arctic cant's lost from start to finish no question. The F7's also used way more fuel too. They were even trying to check their plugs but found out they couldn't even get them out because the pipe was in the way. I have towed so many broken cats out I have lost count, they won't even tow each other because they burn belts so easily. If your SRX is not smoking a stock F7 you may want to step up and get a bigger track than stock, because with the stock track you get a smoother ride and a better groomed trail machine but no drag racer.

Was it warm outside? If your jetting is off they will get you! That fuel injection keeps em' runnig fast all the time. Check your piston wash & plugs, see what you got. Were you in deep snow? If it's not packed down you'll lose. In the 1/4 mile, You should be a close winner on hard pack, I would think.

Do you have a good set of transfer rods on your sled?As far as the heel clickers working,mine worked good.
Primary:
red spring
5.3 in shoulder
0 in first hole
6.0 in tip

secondary:
green spring at 70 degrees
bender helix-2070b

thats what my set up was,it engaged at like 4800 and ran at 8400 wot
with that set up you lose a little on bottom but pulls strong mid and top
i figure with all the track spin it might help to tone down the bottom end a little.
seemed to work good for me.

srx vs f7

I have never had any problems with other srx's. When my dad put his heelclickers in i could still get him all the way threw. So he took them off. I have maximum performance transfer rods they work good. The benders freeze up and brake. we were playing on the lake it was packed down good.
The tempature was 21 so he didnt have any advantages there. His sled just flat out runs awesome. :o| am going to keep tinkering with it trying different things. My next step is a speed ring and gear down one tooth. ;)!

Last edited:
My nephew has a F7 with a APC 800 KIT and let me tell you this sled is fast!!! I just came from the north woods, we did some lake racing for fun,there was about 30 sleds running. My SRX has a 800 kit also with just about every mod you can have,engine wise and suspension
wise. I can't even come close to this thing,out of all the sleds on the lake the only sled he lost to was a heavly moded THUNDER CAT , and let me tell you he was on his bumper. I will never give up on my SRX but I don't think i'll ever come close to this sled . I always have hope when I read in these forums that one of our SRX'S beat these F7'S , but after what I seen this weekend I would have to see it to believe it

GS438 said:
My nephew has a F7 with a APC 800 KIT and let me tell you this sled is fast!!! I just came from the north woods, we did some lake racing for fun,there was about 30 sleds running. My SRX has a 800 kit also with just about every mod you can have,engine wise and suspension
wise. I can't even come close to this thing,out of all the sleds on the lake the only sled he lost to was a heavly moded THUNDER CAT , and let me tell you he was on his bumper. I will never give up on my SRX but I don't think i'll ever come close to this sled . I always have hope when I read in these forums that one of our SRX'S beat these F7'S , but after what I seen this weekend I would have to see it to believe it

Is your nephew's name Kevin & from Gaylord?

I find it very hard to believe that a stock F-7 beat your SRX. I am going to say that your SRX needs a little tweaking. My SXR-700 with pipes/gears/clutching (by SRXMagic)/1.25 camo ran past almost every modded F-7 and on one day even the D&D F-8 (if we had more room he would have had me everytime). The SRX's I run with leave me in the dust all day long so I know the SRX is WAY faster than any of them F-7's I have it all on video. The best we have ever seen the F-7 do on the gun is 117 and that was a wicked fast F-7. I have no studs so I only race these F-7's in the fields not the ice. I get a killer hole shot and they can't catch up. On the ice a 340 Panther with picks can get me. Have a look at me beating a modded Pro-X 800 and you can hear him get a good jump on me. http://www.sohonetworkx.com/video/sxr110mph.wmv

NY_SXR700 said:
I find it very hard to believe that a stock F-7 beat your SRX. I am going to say that your SRX needs a little tweaking. My SXR-700 with pipes/gears/clutching (by SRXMagic)/1.25 camo ran past almost every modded F-7 and on one day even the D&D F-8 (if we had more room he would have had me everytime). The SRX's I run with leave me in the dust all day long so I know the SRX is WAY faster than any of them F-7's I have it all on video. The best we have ever seen the F-7 do on the gun is 117 and that was a wicked fast F-7. I have no studs so I only race these F-7's in the fields not the ice. I get a killer hole shot and they can't catch up. On the ice a 340 Panther with picks can get me. Have a look at me beating a modded Pro-X 800 and you can hear him get a good jump on me. http://www.sohonetworkx.com/video/sxr110mph.wmv
I can handle stock ones no problem. Your wright about the ice no question ,these things suck on ice if you don't pick them for ice.But i'm here to tell you what I witnessed ,this thing flat out rocket.There was two others like my nephews, and these guys where just toying with alot of these guys.Im going to try and :Moon: video the next outing.What kind of camera set up do you have?? thats cool ;)! Like I said before I KNOW that our SRX'S should handle these F7'S , but i'm just reporting what I saw

NY_SXR700 said:
How do you have your camara mounted?Can you take pics of your set up.Great vid.

I pushed the flipper with my right hand and held the camera in my left hand. It's a Canon G3 still camera in movie mode. If you notice my arm when braking it's my throttle hand crossed over to brake. So, guess what... You already have the camera mount. Doug

fuel injected F7's crank, carb models aren't quit as fast. Is your nephews fuel injected? I believe that they supply a special fuel/timming curve box with the 800 big bore kits?

NY_SXR700 said:
I pushed the flipper with my right hand and held the camera in my left hand. It's a Canon G3 still camera in movie mode. If you notice my arm when braking it's my throttle hand crossed over to brake. So, guess what... You already have the camera mount. Doug

Doug our crazy.LOL
I wonder if there is strap we can use for our digi cams to hold them on our arm?
Andy

vipertripplexxx said:
fuel injected F7's crank, carb models aren't quit as fast. Is your nephews fuel injected? I believe that they supply a special fuel/timming curve box with the 800 big bore kits?
Yes it is . The box comes with the kit.

Well i was out at a local lake and budy of mine had a stock f7 and i have a fairly stock srx 700. Well now that f7 Just blew by me in mid range but i caught him and beat him on top. This was over about a 2 mile streach an i beat him by a crap load probably 10-15 sled lengths

Back