New Boss Seats!!!

I think it looks pretty good, and Boss seats will make your sled sooo much better to ride. Just my $.02.

I'm wondering how so? They look like they'd put you up higher so you get a bit more ski lift in the corners. Is it harder to lift your *** for the whoops too?

supercharged111 said:
I'm wondering how so? They look like they'd put you up higher so you get a bit more ski lift in the corners. Is it harder to lift your *** for the whoops too?
Quite the contrary actually. The ergonomics improve as the sled becomes more rider forward. And transitioning from sitting to standing becomes much easier and puts less strain on your legs and back. My advice: Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Ask around or keep reading. You never hear guys who use Boss seats wanting to return to the stock seat. Geez, i wonder why? Could it be they make a great difference and are one of the best mods, esp for the SX chassis?

Last edited:
Easy killer, I was asking with my own pessimistic curiosity interjected. I've ridden a rev and a Nitro and really liked that seating position, but didn't think it'd work that great on an older style sled with a more conventional pivot point. That and this is the first time I've seen that mentioned, never looked into the seats myself.

I have 1 on my Viper. Hirise widetop flattop. Single best investment I've made in the sled in over 13,000 miles of use. Everything Super Sled says is right. I mounted a refurbished with foam stock seat, an XTC seat and an SX seat before I got the Boss. EVERY person who sat on or rode my sled couldn't believe the difference. NOW, this is the OLD style seat. Have zero experience wiht thier made in China stuff. The pic posted looks like the seat I've been using. I didn't like the look of the Chinese built seat at all. The old style has clean and simple lines that work IMHO.

Someone has experience with last years and they don't fit up right?

Do they not fit any models well? Looking to give my MM a diet

I have one of last years boss seats and the only part that doesn't fit perfect is where it sets against the tank.... there is a gap below the gas cap, not really that noticable. Other than that I love it...whole different sled.

Does anyone frequent Craigslist? I hav noticed that they(Boss) seem to be advertising there... There was an ad here in the detroit metro area, I tried to post a link, it must be blocked...what I saw was on 9/28 in the Detroit area Craigslist site... Sorry if this is leading to a hijack. I guess I am asking if anyone else may have noticed this in their area?? Just Curious.

Last edited:
i pefer made in the usa. just have it custom made and you will be happier.best 450 i ever spent. and it 1 of akind. i got to choose three vinlys and have it custom stiched. feels like the best couch you ever sat in.

This is awesome! Looking for a seat solution for my Viper. Can you share the shop that did this job? Thanks!

Back