2s oil

bluemonster1 said:
The Shell syn. oil is blue in color also...if that means anything.....lol

I liked it better gold but they switched to blue yu could barely see the gold stuff in the oil tank. I think the old label said JASO fc the new bottles say JASO fd so it could be the same oil, but it passed the tougher test. (jaso fd)

I went from smelly 2 stroke cheapie stuff and moved to synthetic other than smell no difference in performance.
I stay with synthetic cuz i don't wanna smell. buy the best you can afford at the cheapest price.

Buy what you want, its your motor.
I use Amsoil synthetic, but that's me.
I wouldn't use yamalube if its given to me.lol.
This has to be the most talked about topic on TY.

Easy Gary, you don't want to blow a gasket. I was waiting for you to answer.
Cheers,
Rick.

sledmix said:
Well I am so sorry for bringing it up. but figured that yamalube is oem so it was good. Who knew. but I will use up what I have and try the shell fully syn. I will try to research a question a little more before posting again.
There isn't any oil refineries in JAPAN the last time I looked... Yamaha doesn't OWN ANY EITHER.. They buy from CITGO and put the YAMALUBE NAME on it and charge you TWICE AS MUCH...

bluemonster1 said:
shhhhhhh!!!not to loud...oh hi Gary..how you been doin...
Was at Mayo for a week gettting roto-rootered in the heart arteries,,but,, other than that... Pretty good..

so you are up to snuff I take it.To much of the good life.Take it easy and don't worry about what brand of oil guys are using.Each to their own.

Back