Sx viper build

Thanks that helps, except i found out that the bushings are back ordered till February so gunna try to figure out something else. Also on the sx bracket did you tab drill and tap the bulk head or do something different?

I drilled the bulkhead and stuck a nut on the back side, it's a PITA but once it's on i don't think i should ever have to take it off haha.

Different look. The idea is that the track folds over when side hilling and stuff for better traction. I was just giving it a try because i miss the absence of the outside wheels on my firecat. I get more inside ski lift so i will be putting the two outside wheels back on this summer.

for all of you guys that have used the metal cast paint, would you take the heads and sand blast them before you paint them, or just spray over the existing paint. not trying to hijack, just thought i would ask quick

i degreased mine, put some old plugs in the head to keep the threads nice and clean and taped off the yamaha emblem, that was it

Update: Did a complete chassis swap as mine was shot. Installed a 136 Ad Boivin rear skid with a 136 x 2'' sneaker on it. The chassis came with a black hood so i put that on as well and painted the front suspension black. Thinking about installing a pair of white C&A skis and a boss seat. I finally rigged up a method so that i don't need that ugly bungee cord to hold the seat down. I'm in the hunt for a pair of running board stiffeners and i think i'll be all set. Might cut the track down to a 1.5'' and do some more clutching.

hey, I like the color. I might be partial to it......lol

when you trim down the lugs it will bite in even more because the lugs are thicker down near the base the taller the lug, they will flex less scooping more snow. So since you have it on backwards and then trim it down some she will bite in big time!

Thats one of the tricks I do to all my sleds.

some updates on the viper. Decided to try a different seat. So i aquired a seat from a polaris shift and added a support so it wouldn't bow. I'm working on a tail light at the moment but the seat is awesome, much more comfortable and sits you higher up. Added bonus is that it's narrower so i get to use all of my running boards instead of just the edges!
The ugly polaris logo is now gone, but there is a sticky residue left behind that i cannot remove w/o ruining the black finish the seat material has been dyed. A mysterious air bubble seems to keep finding it's way into my coolant system so I tore the engine down and am replacing the gaskets (they were reused on a previous build) Stupid.... On another note got to ride with some other yamaha riders
Yammitrip1 (my brother) on his viper and our neighbor maxipad97 on the red head. temps were a sweet 40-50 degrees after we got dumped on in upstate NY in december

I was just checkin out your thread and had a question, are you running those extrovert drivers with a track that doesnt have each window open??

Attachments

• track drive.jpg
    track drive.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 41
thats not the same track there in that pic Jeff, the lugs look to be differnt to me?

121 vs 136 i think...

Back