srx carb tear-down &%@#$!*!

staggs....i would assume they are stock as i have never changed them, but i really have no idea how to tell.

I'll have to check my tackle box but I think I only have 1 set of 40's I use for grass.
I'd think you'd be better with 42.5's but that's just my opinion. I'll check on the 40's though.

well as it turns out I only have 1 set of 40's and 1 set of 42.5's and like 5 sets of 45's. guess I gave away more stuff than I realized. need to keep the 40's and 42.5's I've got. maybe someone could use a 45 set that has 40's and we could do a 3 way (don't get any ideas haha). but they're cheap new anyways.

If your sled is a stock 2002 srx it should have 42.5 pilots as oem. Most of the guru's on her suggest going to 40 which is stock in the 2001 srx. The 42.5's can act just a touch rich on warmer days. I should mention that is only the case if you also step up to the richer mains of the 01. In short change from 02 specs to 01 specs. Just a suggestion.

no prob staggs. thanks for the offer!
ill stick with the 40's i guess. they havnt done me wrong yet (minus being plugged).

whats a good place to pick some up?

Tipp, let me know when the screws arrive. I sent them via snail mail. I tried to cheat abit and stuck em in an envelope lol...

SXRider7Hundo said:
Tipp, let me know when the screws arrive. I sent them via snail mail. I tried to cheat abit and stuck em in an envelope lol...
I did that once,sent jets to a member her in Canada in a regular envelope.Guess what..it has been 2 years now and he still didn't receive them.Someone from the Post Office probably thought there were coins in it or something and opened it up...I had to refund the guy his money to... :o| damn Post Office..them thieves.

this is the first year i have done the carbs myself, so unless the dealer changed the jets without telling me, they have always been 40s and the sled has always run great for me

Tip sounds like your already getting new ones but did ya try soaking them in carb cleaner overnight? That should be enough to soften the crud up. Becareful on what you use to clean out the jets. You dont want to widen or bore out the jet as that will indirectly change the jet size. But if ya get them clean you will have a nice spare set if a quick change would be in order. Chris

SXRider7Hundo said:

screws came in yesterday. for a south paw with carpel tunnel, you got some great penmanship ;)! thanks a bunch!!!!!

Super1c-- i havnt bought new jets yet, but ill try soaking these ones over night like you suggest and see if it works. appreciate the info!

Back