Some questions about 88 EX570 Exciter

hmmmm that sled looks familiar.... i´ve seen that before.. yes i knew it. This guy is a member on this forum, it´s got to be 88exciter570:)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the positive feedback. Sometimes I do something to make it work and I'm not real satisfied with it. In the end sometimes it is just the correct course of action to take anyway.

I'm so close to being done I can't hardly stand it. At least for this season. Just need to finish the rear suspension and it will be time to fire it up. DSC577, hey when are you going to make it snow around here? Lol

I just love the look of the 88. The black on charcoal really works. I'm doing red accents where I can. Ski skins, hyfax etc. Like I said earlier, just want a fun little trail sled.

I know these sleds had their share of issues, but hopefully I have all the bugs worked out and it should be fun.

That would be awesome! Take some pics so i can follow it from my position on the other side of the atlantic. We got some snow here by the way, but it aint much about 3 inches....

I need to post some pics, I've been slacking that way, but it's getting there. I'm waiting for some tunnels brackets that I had reinforced. the welder has said he's a bit behind. But I got the rest that I need. I just finished fabbing a tunnel ext for it tonight. Need to figure out the bumper yet. I'll try to start a tread tomorrow and post some pictures.

thefullmonte said:
Uhgg, it's supposed to RAIN :o| on new years eve. :letitsnow Old man winter needs to have a little talk mother nature. Lol

I know... I talked to my cousin in Ely today, he said he's been riding the four wheeler out on the lake, not enough snow to run a sled yet, even up there. The picture he sent me of his yard you could still see the grass.

The sled is completely buttoned up. I just need to fire it up and sync the carbs. I will get some completed pics this weekend. I sure hope it runs. Lol :WayCool:

Awesome! i´m looking forward to some pics and maybe some video?;) I´m just about to fix the rest of my front end now:) got the last of the stuff today! After a lot of consideration i made it just 40" instead of 42.... 5 cm wider on each side. Welding it all back together today whooohaaaaa

Nice can't wait to see your finished project as well! Prankster, I sure hope you and I aren't the reason it's not snowing. Lol. Mother nature might be waiting for us to get our sleds done. :letitsnow

It´s snowing like hell here:) I´m in a hurry getting it all back together, want to take it out noooooow:)

OK, I have another silly question for you Exciter experts. The fuel shut off valve. Which way does this actually operate? What an over engineered piece. Lol I had to pour gas in the cylinders to get it to run, but it wouldn't stay running. And I couldn't really see fuel in the lines. I figured the fuel pump, but it checks out good. So, I take apart the shut off. It looks to me like when the lever is down it allows the plunger to drop and open the fuel passage. When the lever is extended (up) it looks like it shuts it off. Does that make sense. I'm confused. :o| This is opposite of what the manual would indicate. In the mean time, here are some pics for your enjoyment.

033.jpg

This is the fuel shutoff. I solid mounted the on/off for the carb coolant as well.

031.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

That sled looks awesome!!! Damn we all do great work! I'll take some pics of my fuel shutoff switch tonight and post them for you. Mine is ON right now, so I'll let you know what position that is.

Yeah i totally agree! We all have really nice classics:) Nice job!
My valve is open when the level is down (at least what i can remember.... haven´t had a chance to test it yet, hopefully on thursday:)

yea down is on,when i replaced all the lines i tested that crappy switch by blowing threw it.so up off-down on-to the right or left mine is half on.i used to run it to the right lol.reminds me i still need to put a sticker next to it case i forget

Yep, that would make more sense. Thanks a lot guys I do appreciate the help. And thank you for the compliments. I'm pretty happy with the almost finished product. I hope I have some time in the morning to give it another go around. Stanage, if you could still post up a pic that would be great.

Back