After 500km's readjusted my secondary

SRX7

I put the washers back in because the belt was riding a pinch below the top of the secondary.When I put in the washers the belt started to squeel.Jees, will I never be able to run the belt slightly above the secondary?
Andy

Everything checks out fine,center to center that is.
One other Q.Is there suppose to be a washer on the inside secondary shaft.I know there is 3 on the outside.

Are you talking about washers between the sheaves? Roller secondaries (ie: Bender Roller Rooster) use washers between the sheaves to adjust belt height, and eliminate the washers on the back.

There are 3 washer on the outside of the secondary (adjacent to the bolt that holds the secondary on),is there suppose to be a washer on the inside near the jack shaft bear to protect anything there? A thin washer?
If someone can take a look at there sled and tell me.
Thanks
See the outside bolt there are 3 washers.On the inside of the secondary are there suppose to be any? if there are none,will wear occur on the sheave itself or bearing.
102_0246.jpg

102_0248.jpg

Last edited:
That squeeling is that for some reason the belt is too tight. Either center to center, wrong belt, or the shims on the 3 small adjusting bolts on the back of the sheave are to thick. Maybee just drop the belt down a little further into the sheave by removing the shims or thinner shims would be the easiest, but I would definitly do a clutch alignment to check. Also, their is no washer inside, just slip the secondary on then the washers. And last but not least, you must check the bearing behind the secondary every year before riding. Pull the secondary off and use a small pick to pull out the rubber seal on the bearing and you will see rust, then spray brakleen in it and compressed air until it is clean then regrease with lo temp snowmobile grease and replace the seal. Then repeat the process on the front shaft of the track behind the speedo drive. This will save a lot of time, money and embarrasment on the trail. You will also go faster, maybee.

squeeling I can fix,but its the large washer Q I need answered.If you have an SRX 2000 and up do you have a washer on the shaft inside near the bearing.There are normally 3 large washers on the outside near the bolt.

some will,some wont,depends if it was needed to line the clutches up,and take up free play to specs.-Harvey

Ya know what.I think the tech person put all three washers on the bolt side.I see there are 2 washers and a thick washer (Picture of Yamaha blow up).The other thin washer goes by the bearing shaft side.

the outer washers dont fit the shaft,that secondary will put no pressure on the bearing,with the suggested free play the clutches will line them selfs up to each other,if the secondary was pushing against the bearing hard enough to do damage something would have to be really screwed up.-Harvey

I did notice just a little wear on the inner hub of the secondary but no doubt just from rubbing once and a while.Thanks Harvey,Ill keep ya posted .Ill fiddle with it in the morning.
What for my post.LOL

Upstate new york Harvet where?
I go alot to finger lakes and Lake Placid in the summer.I really want to try some sledding in the Placid area this winter.Im only 2.5 hours away.

It does'nt matter how many washers are on the inside or outside. That is how you set your clutch offset. But you don't want so many washers on the outside that the bolt tightens against the clutch shaft instead of the spacer tightening against the jackshaft. Most secondaries are setup from the factory to float which I don't care for I like them sollid. I use a belt deflection adjuster which makes the secondary sollid and you want to have your offset spot on and they are no more bolts and washers to mess with. If you are running an oem belt it will be hard to get the belt to ride above the secondary with out it squeelling.

don't let the tech's at ron's shop work on your sled they no nothing about set up...
I learned it cost me 3000.00$ for my lesson got totally screwed with them........
just my opinion.

I was watching Danny, Sham.I just can't remember if there was a washer on the inside.There is still enough play in the secondary spec says 1-2mm free play.If I put the thinnest washer (.5mm) on the inside and take a .5mm out on the inside it will not make much of a differance in the offset.I just feel better if there is a washer on the inside protecting things.

anyways you're best bet would be to go with the maxperformance belt deflector adjuster.that would solve all the guess work.

I may order a Yamaha offset tool.The maxx clutch elignment tool is very expensive.
Ya I like the deflector adjuster to keep the belt riding at its correct hieght.One thing I did hear that the bolts don't stay tight?

The bolt will stay tight if it is torqued to specs and against the spacer and jackshaft as I stated in the above post. The adjuster is well worth the money for the ease of deflection adjustment.

if there is a washer on between the secondary and the bearing or not depends on your offset. Mine had a washer on there stock, but upon checking the offset i found that i had to remove it in order to get the 15mm offset, so now it isn't on there. Just need to check it out

Back