Mystic Full Synthetic 2 stroke, report

alswagg

VIP Member
We have been running Mystic Full Synthetic 2 stroke oil in all 4 tripple cyl sleds this year. That is a combined milage of over 2,000 miles to date. The ole Phazer is till running out the old smoky Yamalube. Glad to report, the Mystic is working fine. Minimal smoke, not completely smokeless but very clean. The belly pans are not stained at all. Only time, you can actually see the smoke is upon "cold" start up and while idleing at night, dead calm. I am extreamly happy, plus the cost is exceptional, half the cost of Klotz and 2/3 the cost of Yamahalube. Now, if they could only add the Klotz fragrance. lol Al

You know,,,, I want to JUMP all over this post.... Not because of using MYSTIC,,,but,,about OIL SMOKE... SMOKE is ACTUALLY GOOD !!! Dirtying the belly pan is GOOD TOO.. You see,, the LONGER you can keep the oil from BURNING UP,, the BETTER it lubricates your INSIDES... It MAY foul plugs more often,, but,,, what would you rather have.. LESS SMOKE and CLEAN PLUGS and MELTED DOWN MOTOR,,, OR,,, WET plugs, SMokin like a CHIMMNEY and DIRTY BELLY PANS and lasting TWENTY THOUSAND MILES before you have to rering/rebuild????? Think about it al???

I DO like the KLOTZ smell though... I TURN UP my oilpump to pump TWICE AS MUCH oil in there... KLOTZ OIL at TWICE THE NORMAL RATE actually increases octane ( the motors ability to DETONATE)

I'll write a BOOK REPORT on this subject if you want me to.... Just kidding...

Not that I have my sled anymore, but my son & I have been running it for probably 3 seasons now. No complaints here and 21 or 22 bucks /gal for full syn is nearly impossible to beat. Mine(ours) do smoke a bit more only because I have set the pump to @ 45:1.

nosboy said:
I DO like the KLOTZ smell though... I TURN UP my oilpump to pump TWICE AS MUCH oil in there... KLOTZ OIL at TWICE THE NORMAL RATE actually increases octane ( the motors ability to DETONATE)

Would this logic apply to all injection oils? I was under the impression that too much oil could displace gas and cause a lean condition. If I remember correctly, Yamaha's inject and mix oil and fuel in the fuel pump.

Last edited:
A couple of bucks said:
On a premix. Absolutely.
you know,,,, it's a great question,,, because I can get a dozen people to agree with that and I can get another dozen people to tell you that oil lowers the combustion chamber temperatures by "leaning out" the fuel charge 1. by diluting the charge,, and 2.by RAISING the octane ( ability to resist detonation) and slowing the burn rate... a LEAN CONDITION actually increases the burn rate kinda like using REALLY CHEAP FUEL OR ceap fuel additives to resist atomization.. ( fillers)... it IS TRUE that a fuel will flow SLOWER through a given opening ( orifice) as you THICKEN THE VISCOSITY (by adding twice the amount of oil),, but,, the THICKER fuel will ATOMIZE SLOWER and BURN SLOWER... The "lean condition" that causes the piston to burn a HOLE through it is caused by TOO HIGH COMBUSTION CHAMBER TEMPERATURES and a "kernel" or flame front that PUNCHES A HOLE in the center of the piston... THIS LEAN CONDITION by basically "FLOODING" the combustion chamber and slowing down the charge will in effect ONLY SLOW YOU DOWN and you WILL NOT HAVE the energy ( or horsepower) to keep up with the identical motor in the identical enviornment riding right next to you.. Can you notice it??? YES !!! on a RADAR GUN in a CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERE.... Will you notice it on the trail,, ABSOLUTELY NOT,, EXCEPT for the tearing from your eyes that smell like a RICH FUEL CONDITION from idling... Idling,, in fact will burn RICHER because the rpms will be SLOWER because of the engine SLIGHTLY MISSING because of the oil's resistance to burn,,, so you see,,, 1/2 a dozen yes and another half a dozen NO !!!.....

it's more of a BTU thing... Lets say that gasoline burns at 16,000 BTUH and Alcohol burns at 6000 BTUH.. it takes THREE TIMES the alcohol to make the SAME POWER as gasoline,, well ,, the reason ALCOHOL works so well is WAY MORE of the BTU'S transfer to the rear wheels than GASOLINES 90% blown out the exhaust pipe... go up to an ALCOHOL DRAGSTER and feel the INTAKE MANIFOLD or look at the ENGINE temperature gauge... Probably around 100 degrees..... Go look at the GASOLINE DRAGSTER and keep yourhand a few inches from the intake.. HOT AS HELL !!!! That energy got absorbed by the engine block and BLEW RIGHT OUT the exhaust pipe... The alcohol motor went right to the rear wheels !!!

Uh oh!

Gary have you been drinking your home made octane booster again? Been a while since I've seen you this fired up! By the way, how's that good honest trustworthy mayor you've got there in Chicago treating you these days? :hide:

Madmatt

Also 2 strokes will blow more smoke when they have tons of blowby ex worn rings. If you are jetted properly you shouldnt see much smoke or spooge when the motor is warm. Regardless of your oil mixure!! If you have tons of spooge coming out of your pipe then you are jetted to rich there should only be a min amount of oil coming out. On my bikes which are premixed at 30-1 none smoke at all when warm and my sled doesnt either. :letitsnow

nosboy said:
You know,,,, OIL SMOKE... SMOKE is ACTUALLY GOOD !!! You see,, the LONGER you can keep the oil from BURNING UP,, the BETTER it lubricates your INSIDES...

TRYING TO WRAP MY HEAD AROUND YOUR THEORY, MY THOUGHT IS..............SMOKE = BURNING OIL SO LESS SMOKE IS "BETTER AS IT LUBES YOUR INSIDES"

:dunno:

The oil is going to burn regardless.... The SMOKE is it's "dirtyness" or FILM STRENGTH.. if it burns too quickly ( flashes) it turns into burned hydrocarbons compared to unburned hydrocarbons.. Clean burning oil usually does NOT leave an oily residue.. it BURNS clean... DIrty burning oil that makes smoke gets all over everything RESISTING burning up and DIRTYING EVERYTHING IN IT"S PATH.. Hence DIRTYING ( lubricating and NOT burning up or vaporizing) up your combustion chamber... make sense???

Madmatt said:
Gary have you been drinking your home made octane booster again? Been a while since I've seen you this fired up! By the way, how's that good honest trustworthy mayor you've got there in Chicago treating you these days? :hide:

Madmatt
I like him... Mayor Rahm.. He's got balls...He was at the church (St Margaret of Scottland) where the priest got the Shit kicked out of him... He sat right next to me and the wife... He shook our hands at the offering of PEACE and I felt he was missing a finger.. His MIDDLE finger... He cut it working at ARBY'S when he was young.. it got infected swimming in Lake Michigan and they had to remove it... He's been DECENT to LABOR around here.. not like that JACKasS governor in Wisconsin..I hope Wisconsin gets rid of that LOSER !!!!!

Bluemonster2 said:
Also 2 strokes will blow more smoke when they have tons of blowby ex worn rings. If you are jetted properly you shouldnt see much smoke or spooge when the motor is warm. Regardless of your oil mixure!! If you have tons of spooge coming out of your pipe then you are jetted to rich there should only be a min amount of oil coming out. On my bikes which are premixed at 30-1 none smoke at all when warm and my sled doesnt either. :letitsnow
You won't see it when it's warm even though you run it at 30 to 1... it will Smoke like a BitCH when it's cold !!!

Back