Sledding in whistler BC, this is my story so far- constantly updated.

burnoutink said:
-the Air Box I gotta do somthing with this summer, I cracked where the light pod assm. bolts on, so thats drilled out and zap strapped together, I think I gotta lose the Light assembly. and Im totally interested in modding the box.

-Im gonna keep the exaust above the tunnel, theres seriously so much snow on an avareage day im breaking trail through 3ft of powder, I feel like It might be better. I dont get stuck very offen but when I do Its usually really Bad. Theres seriously so much snow that gets thrown under there.

-I think its geared at 20/40 from what I was told by the previous owner, does that sound right? I dont no anything about gearing but Im totally interested in how It works on my sled.

-I need to get a better seat WRP or Skinz and find a way to get a sowboard rack on there. I got some plans. Im gonna post them on here later.

-I think porting my track might not keep it afloat as well in the deep?
15 would deffinatly give it a better carving radis when tipped over. I went 16 as well but even the sled shop guys are like Holy S--- Look at how it sits on top of the Snow and dosent sink. Well thats cause we did the timbersled skid, and brackets, went with the wide track, the rear weighs nothing so its got a massive contact area for the track to sit on top of the snow.

Stil lots of snow out here

I'll try and get you some pics of my air box mod.

That's probably your best keeping your exhaust above the tunnel. And since you need a seat too, I'd look into Skinz seat and exhaust. I used to want that but my sled came with the boss and undertunnel so I just left it until I go with a turbo.

20/40 sounds correct. That would be the stock gearing. Mine is geared down to help with the longer track as well as to give it more torque for pulling the hills.

Porting helps to keep the snow out of the suspension, thus keeping the sled lighter, it used to be a really big thing back in the day, not sure about anymore. If your ever thinking about running the water with the Apex (I have never tried, don't think I will, front end seems too heavy) don't port the track. I doubt it would be less flotation by porting it. You can read this thread if you want more info. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-45353.html If you are going to port though, spend the money and get this http://www.bd-xtreme.com/bdxpro-liteseriestrackportingtool.aspx don't use just a hole saw, it will leave cords showing. That tool actually will heat up and more so melt the rubber around the hole. Like I said porting is not really that big anymore.

But glad to hear you went with the Timbersled rear brackets as well, those stockers are heavy. (didn't see them in your last pic though)

And can't remember what all I've shared with you anymore lol but I sure do like having the better boards on my sled as well, really helps keep the snow off of them compared to stock.

burnoutink said:
i think since the release of the REV there has been 10 years of hype.
but 10 years later people are realizing, they came out with a good body and a garbage engine. There Grenades right out of the crate its scary. when I had to buy my Apex, It was between APEX and XP and dear God, Im so glad I went with the Apex, its 10 times more reliable.

People Call my Sled an Anchor, a Tank, a Car.
There right, Solid as anchor, Built like a Tank, and you can drive everyday without it grenading, just like a Car.

.....hope to get out at least once more this season.

Most people call mine the tank or lead sled, my dad and others that ride with me and Yamaha call it "the tractor". Nothing like climbing up thinking your about stuck, snow starts passing you from track speed, but the Apex and 174 just keeps "tractoring" up, then you turn out with little to no speed left and snow goes flying out behind you leaving about a 3-4ft deep trench as you turn around and head back down. I'm going to get a "tractor" decal made this year for it.

I'll try and post some youtube videos for you and everyone else that has been wanting hillclimb pics. I've got a few from 10-11 winter.

Last edited:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamasquaw

whistler just hit 40feet of snow. I think a trip to visit my brother is going to be in the works here soon.

Last 20 mins of my day I decided to do 1 more lap around the area, group of sledders tried to flag me down, but I wasn't 100% they were flagging me.

Guy comes up on an HCR, " I notcied the Wrap"
Turns out it was Yamasquaw, he flagged me down in a totally random area, we had no intentions on meeting up, but WOW small world . Awesome day of riding in the backcountry and the conditions were decent.

That was a nice day out there, the clearest day i had in the 6 i was there. I hear you guys picked up more snow again and it was blue bird now! GRRRRR. Anyways right before i saw ya i had did a small drop that i was jumping the previous day and went off the take off a different way and landed flat. I heard every bone in my back crack loud and winded myself good. So 5 days later back home i decided to go for x-rays and low and behold i broke my back in 4 spots! 4 compressed vertibres. Doctor says to me" You broke your back" I was like WTF. Still sore and he said will heal in 4-6 weeks. I've taken WAY harder landing than that and nothing. You just never know.

Yamasquaw said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamasquaw

whistler just hit 40feet of snow. I think a trip to visit my brother is going to be in the works here soon.

Last 20 mins of my day I decided to do 1 more lap around the area, group of sledders tried to flag me down, but I wasn't 100% they were flagging me.

Guy comes up on an HCR, " I notcied the Wrap"
Turns out it was Yamasquaw, he flagged me down in a totally random area, we had no intentions on meeting up, but WOW small world . Awesome day of riding in the backcountry and the conditions were decent.

That was a nice day out there, the clearest day i had in the 6 i was there. I hear you guys picked up more snow again and it was blue bird now! GRRRRR. Anyways right before i saw ya i had did a small drop that i was jumping the previous day and went off the take off a different way and landed flat. I heard every bone in my back crack loud and winded myself good. So 5 days later back home i decided to go for x-rays and low and behold i broke my back in 4 spots! 4 compressed vertibres. Doctor says to me" You broke your back" I was like WTF. Still sore and he said will heal in 4-6 weeks. I've taken WAY harder landing than that and nothing. You just never know.

I was drinking Beer yesterday with Gene, and he told me the Story, Thats Crazy!!!

540462_10150856893209620_507399619_9945671_569824823_n.jpg
I'm still riding!!! had an awesome day, I didnt take my SLR Camera so I gotta wait on the footage from a friend, pics up soon.

Also My friend just picked up a Vector MTN.

Looks like the next stage to the parking lot. My bro said he was tipping a couple back with ya. Back has been pretty good and looking at buying a new sled this summer, see what comes up. Found a couple yammies in North Dakota but 12 hour drive would suck with only 6 days off.

Yamasquaw said:
Looks like the next stage to the parking lot. My bro said he was tipping a couple back with ya. Back has been pretty good and looking at buying a new sled this summer, see what comes up. Found a couple yammies in North Dakota but 12 hour drive would suck with only 6 days off.

I hope you get an Apex, that's my favorite sled platform by far, now i dont miss the old mountain max.
I drove 13 hours to get mine, well worth it, just wrapping up an awesome season here, still riding!!!

A couple of bucks said:
Just watched an episode of GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS. They were up at Whistler. Was on the lookout for a BAMF Apex. Didn't see ya.

When that was shot, I had just bought my Mountain Max 3 years ago.
Its a really Small Town, But there's no opportunity to capitalize on peoples Money in the backcountry just a lot of Fun, so your probably not gonna find Gene Simmons anywhere near there. All the damn Reality Shows portray Whistler extremely poorly.

except this one ENJOY!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVghT47q3CI

Going for my Last ride of the season this weekend.
Then Its time to get down to business...... Anyone following me on the 4-stroke site knows whats up. Here's a little Preview of my Custom Work in Progress.
544997_10150907613269620_54654110_n.jpg

252601_10150908847124620_1325297234_n.jpg
547232_10150908847204620_763441084_n.jpg

Currently Wrapping XP's RX, RS and Apex Models.
Eventually I will have templates for the, Nytro, Phaser, MM700, SRX, and Viper.
Unfortunately there are no V-max's in my Area.

*There's been talk about a collaboration Graphic with Totally Yamaha*
but everything is still in the Sampling and development Stage, there is no product currently for sale.

Yamasquaw said:

If you ever find some sleds in ND you just might be able to talk me into going and looking at them for you, depending on how far away from me they are. ;)

burnoutink said:
I hope you get an Apex, that's my favorite sled platform by far, now i dont miss the old mountain max.
I drove 13 hours to get mine, well worth it, just wrapping up an awesome season here, still riding!!!

I drove 15 hours to get mine.

super1c said:
Wow those wraps look awesome. Will be looking forward to see what you have in store for the vipers.

x2! I've seriously been thinking of getting a wrap for my viper too. Keep us informed! ;)!

super1c said:
Wow those wraps look awesome. Will be looking forward to see what you have in store for the vipers.

I just got to get a friend that going to let me make the template on there sled. Then the Graphics are endless. I look forward to, building templates for the 2-strokes. Times like this I wish I still had my old MM700 hood.
Vipers are kinda rare in my area but I should be able to track one down.

Back