Sledding in whistler BC, this is my story so far- constantly updated.

burnoutink said:
The Battery is a must.

Barkbusters were a thought but are less durable than stock, if i find a cheap set ill do them, but I think for me its going to be the MCXpress turbo route.

right now I have no issues in 4ft of fresh powder, even without the turbo.
but if you give me the turbo its going to open a world of possiblities.
-I personnaly dont feel that I am mechanically ready right now to maintain a turbo sled at this point, I still want to research and learn more about the Apex before I make the Jump to Turbo. My reason for choosing turbo over super charger is everyday I spend 25 minutes going up trail at lower RPMs, and when I acess the backcountry thats when I wanna start Red Lining and really burning up the Octane.

I had barkbuster front end on my Apex, and after a couple mishaps with them I went back to stock. IMO stay with the stock front end, if you want more details about why PM me.

bluemonster1 said:
want to see you climb some steep 1/2 mile or more straight up hills to see what that Apex can do...these are baby hills so far..lol

OK this Thursday.....Ill see what I can find.
561273_10150679983679620_507399619_9606437_246529765_n.jpg

524723_10150679983939620_507399619_9606442_67670763_n.jpg

295276_10150679984404620_507399619_9606450_637109027_n.jpg

devinzz1 said:
-ditch the airbox and put some pod filters in?

-new nytro mtx skis

?

Im going to look into somekind of air box mod
a power commander, a custom exaust, Sly dog powder hound skis.
The seat is going at the end of the season.

SXlover said:
I had barkbuster front end on my Apex, and after a couple mishaps with them I went back to stock. IMO stay with the stock front end, if you want more details about why PM me.

You were the 1st to tell me this but then I had ran into several turbo Nytros in the backcountry that snapped them, and everyones saying the same thing the way i ride, Im just gonna break them.

burnoutink said:
Im going to look into somekind of air box mod
a power commander, a custom exaust, Sly dog powder hound skis.
The seat is going at the end of the season.

I have my airbox modded, have one filter under the headlight in it, and then a bunch of holes drilled in the bottom of it under where the filter is inside of it.

I also have the mountain lite undertunnel exhaust (sounds amazing) but if you are in the really deep and get stuck it will not be able to breath very good (minor inconveince to me anyways). Just clear it out the snow a little and the sled will be fine.

I love my boss seat, way lighter than the stock one!!

And I also have Simmons Gen II's on it with the Carl's cut for better sidehilling, they help float A LOT better.

I really do love my 174x2.5" Camo Extreme ported track as well, if I had to do it again I'd only go 15" wide, and it's geared down to 20/42 or 19/42 I can't remember.

SXlover said:
I have my airbox modded, have one filter under the headlight in it, and then a bunch of holes drilled in the bottom of it under where the filter is inside of it.

I also have the mountain lite undertunnel exhaust (sounds amazing) but if you are in the really deep and get stuck it will not be able to breath very good (minor inconveince to me anyways). Just clear it out the snow a little and the sled will be fine.

I love my boss seat, way lighter than the stock one!!

And I also have Simmons Gen II's on it with the Carl's cut for better sidehilling, they help float A LOT better.

I really do love my 174x2.5" Camo Extreme ported track as well, if I had to do it again I'd only go 15" wide, and it's geared down to 20/42 or 19/42 I can't remember.

-the Air Box I gotta do somthing with this summer, I cracked where the light pod assm. bolts on, so thats drilled out and zap strapped together, I think I gotta lose the Light assembly. and Im totally interested in modding the box.

-Im gonna keep the exaust above the tunnel, theres seriously so much snow on an avareage day im breaking trail through 3ft of powder, I feel like It might be better. I dont get stuck very offen but when I do Its usually really Bad. Theres seriously so much snow that gets thrown under there.

-I think its geared at 20/40 from what I was told by the previous owner, does that sound right? I dont no anything about gearing but Im totally interested in how It works on my sled.

-I need to get a better seat WRP or Skinz and find a way to get a sowboard rack on there. I got some plans. Im gonna post them on here later.

-I think porting my track might not keep it afloat as well in the deep?
15 would deffinatly give it a better carving radis when tipped over. I went 16 as well but even the sled shop guys are like Holy S--- Look at how it sits on top of the Snow and dosent sink. Well thats cause we did the timbersled skid, and brackets, went with the wide track, the rear weighs nothing so its got a massive contact area for the track to sit on top of the snow.
582657_10150693156529620_507399619_9658381_2047558487_n.jpg

582657_10150693156514620_507399619_9658380_1522136299_n.jpg

Stil lots of snow out here

is the guy in the white a midget or is your sled retarded high? the seats up to his shoulder for sure!

that is si he can dig it down to China..I agree it is a little to high,all the weight is on the ski's..I would be afraid to get that sled stuck.

bluemonster1 said:
that is si he can dig it down to China..I agree it is a little to high,all the weight is on the ski's..I would be afraid to get that sled stuck.

Lol the guy in the white is a friend of mine from Ontario and its accually a girl, which explans the height.

Yes my sled is jacked to the Max, for several reasons.....
130psi in the Fox rear float to carry extra weight, camera bag, snowboard 30lb backpack.
More clearence in deep powder.
when doubling 2 people side by side for snowboarding it supports the extra weight better.
very little chance of getting stuck as long you ride the really deep stuff aggressivly, But Blue your totally right when it gets stuck its really bad, It will only get stuck in really high highmarks, when I get Greedy. The 3ft trench that It digs at the top u-turn when high marking is crazy, I really enjoy the way this sled is set up.

I owe alot of credit to SXLover and Supersled, those guys know there Apex's, This sled is like no sled I have ever riden, The Apex MTN is an amazing chasis to mod too bad it became a DEAD Model.

a friend that we ride with here crashed his MXZ and insurance gave him $3000.We told him to buy a Yamaha .He tried to get credit to purchase a 2011 Nytro,but couldn't get it from Yamaha.SO what did the idiot do..he bought a 2001 Skidoo Summit 800 with a 2.25 by 151 inch track.What a goofball.We have no mountains here,mostly prairies..Has 2200 miles on it,so that motor should blow soon enough..He paid $3800 for it also..now that was way to much for a sled like that,could of picked a few nice Yami's cheaper instead..his loss I guess.
Keep sledding !!!

bluemonster1 said:
a friend that we ride with here crashed his MXZ and insurance gave him $3000.We told him to buy a Yamaha .He tried to get credit to purchase a 2011 Nytro,but couldn't get it from Yamaha.SO what did the idiot do..he bought a 2001 Skidoo Summit 800 with a 2.25 by 151 inch track.What a goofball.We have no mountains here,mostly prairies..Has 2200 miles on it,so that motor should blow soon enough..He paid $3800 for it also..now that was way to much for a sled like that,could of picked a few nice Yami's cheaper instead..his loss I guess.
Keep sledding !!!

Oh wow Blue nice story, So he paid 4 times too much for that sled
I gotta ask was there Brain Damage involved when he crashed the MXZ?
I got the same 151" 01 Summit highmark for sale in my Garage for 1000$ its the yellow one thats usually in my pics nothing wrong with it, It will take you almost anywhere and has 50% of the highmark ability of my Apex,but that's just the going rate in whistler.
If I was back on the trails you would never catch me on a 2-stroke ever again, and if you did It would be Blue triple piped and sound like an F-1 racecar.

Its ok alot of people dont understand the reliability under that blue plastic, they will just have to keep nuking and rebuilding until they see the Light.

Ski-doo is my 2nd favorite brand but, I would only pay for an XP e-tec 800, I would never drop a dollar on any other ski-doo to date. But I would be interested in Viper, RX-1, Vector, Nytro or another Apex.

and to think he paid 3800 for it,
i bought 2 running 2002 Mountain Max's for 2700$
one was even triple piped and had an upgraded secondary you have seen many photos of it, great sled, took me everywhere, and was hard to let go of my Mountain max.

33407_406870054619_507399619_4579660_2875575_n.jpg

215739_10150152035419620_507399619_6778629_2591358_n.jpg

well I just found out it is a 2003 model 800 Summit...still don't think he will be happy.His brother in law bought a new Skidoo 600..so I guess they like to stick to the same brands..poor guy...If it has the low original milrage on it..then it is due to blow up soon and need a rebuild.When he bought his 2001 MXZ years back..he paid like $3200 for it..took it out twice and blew the motor.$1200 plus hours later he had it running again.You would think that episode would of taught him a lesson...whatever..that sled will still probably be bad on fuel like his MXZ.That MXZ burned teice the gas we did on our triples,he had to fuel up as we still had half a tank..real story..

bluemonster1 said:
well I just found out it is a 2003 model 800 Summit...still don't think he will be happy.His brother in law bought a new Skidoo 600..so I guess they like to stick to the same brands..poor guy...If it has the low original milrage on it..then it is due to blow up soon and need a rebuild.When he bought his 2001 MXZ years back..he paid like $3200 for it..took it out twice and blew the motor.$1200 plus hours later he had it running again.You would think that episode would of taught him a lesson...whatever..that sled will still probably be bad on fuel like his MXZ.That MXZ burned teice the gas we did on our triples,he had to fuel up as we still had half a tank..real story..

I know its real, seen it at least 20 times here firend blown up engine 90% of the time ski-doo, and yep even in the mountains the Mountain Max and the Apex burn half the fuel of the Summit, I use to rescue people and sell off my extra fuel, I never accually used the gas can on my mountain max, in my sled.

bluemonster1 said:
wow ain't that the truth..poor SOB..My SRX won't have any issues passing that 800 at least...or maybe my 600 triple will beat it to

Those sleds suck, there engines are slightly better than recent but there no Yamaha, and I think they feel like your mowing the lawn in the powder.
Watched a brand new 2012 out of the crate blow a clutch 1st day out and not be able to get the sled onto the truck.

Yamasquaw said:
whistler just hit 40feet of snow. I think a trip to visit my brother is going to be in the works here soon.

Last 20 mins of my day I decided to do 1 more lap around the area, group of sledders tried to flag me down, but I wasn't 100% they were flagging me.

Guy comes up on an HCR, " I notcied the Wrap"
Turns out it was Yamasquaw, he flagged me down in a totally random area, we had no intentions on meeting up, but WOW small world . Awesome day of riding in the backcountry and the conditions were decent.

582150_10150732348494620_507399619_9763610_835277114_n.jpg

A couple of bucks said:
That would certainly be enough for me to......JUMP SHIP.

i think since the release of the REV there has been 10 years of hype.
but 10 years later people are realizing, they came out with a good body and a garbage engine. There Grenades right out of the crate its scary. when I had to buy my Apex, It was between APEX and XP and dear God, Im so glad I went with the Apex, its 10 times more reliable.

People Call my Sled an Anchor, a Tank, a Car.
There right, Solid as anchor, Built like a Tank, and you can drive everyday without it grenading, just like a Car.

.....hope to get out at least once more this season.

Back