Sledding in whistler BC, this is my story so far- constantly updated.

MrSled said:
Very cool pics... looks like a riot!!
Thanks Tom!! Thats what we live for.
Most people complain about the season being over, but for me its just getting good, we have many sunny deep powder days ahead, and the weather is perfect for filming with unlimited visibility on Blue Bird Days. Hope to get some more pictures and video for you guys to get you through till next season.

I just did the Oil Change well were getting hit with 120 cm of powder right now the next chance im going to be able to ride is Saturday due to Avalanche and no visibility well its snowing this hard.
More Photo's on the Way.....

403078_10150586138889620_507399619_9261402_1886383209_n.jpg

burnoutink said:
Thanks Tom!! Thats what we live for.
Most people complain about the season being over, but for me its just getting good, we have many sunny deep powder days ahead, and the weather is perfect for filming with unlimited visibility on Blue Bird Days. Hope to get some more pictures and video for you guys to get you through till next season.

I just did the Oil Change well were getting hit with 120 cm of powder right now the next chance im going to be able to ride is Saturday due to Avalanche and no visibility well its snowing this hard.
More Photo's on the Way.....

403078_10150586138889620_507399619_9261402_1886383209_n.jpg

Awesome!! With the short season we had I should just pack up and move out to you
;)!

I hate the summer, other then it gives me more time to wrench on sleds... hate the heat, the bugs, mowing grass, working on the house..... LOL

"I hate the summer, other then it gives me more time to wrench on sleds... hate the heat, the bugs, mowing grass, working on the house..... LOL"

Same here and the allergies. My wife hates it when I say I can't wait for all the plants to die and snow to come.

MrSled said:
Awesome!! With the short season we had I should just pack up and move out to you
;)!

I hate the summer, other then it gives me more time to wrench on sleds... hate the heat, the bugs, mowing grass, working on the house..... LOL

Its a nice place, Really positive snowmobile scene and its not that cold usually -2 to -8 in winter and +2 to +15 in ther summer, you only really cant sled in July to Mid November, and with the amount of snow in the backcountry you do very little Damage to your sled, I have been out there dropping cliffs, hitting windlips, catwalking and highmarking 3 days a week and havent damaged a thing yet this season, but I keep a close eye on my sled and do a look over twice a month. Whistler is good Parts are everywhere and sleds are dirty cheap. This sled was 5000$ with the timbersled freshly put in the rear and reverse nothing broken 2000km

I havent cut the grass in 6 years, I would have better luck fixing a broken sled than a broken lawn mower.

The Snow seasons not over, all it takes is a plane ticket, a quick reservation, and a sled rental. I been In whistler for a while now,I do alot of Guiding in the backcountry, if you need any hook-ups or info just let me know.

-And I'm always down for helping Totally Yamaha Members that had a bad season due to lack of snow, trust me I know what Its like I grew up In Ontario.

I think we should plan a trip and goto Yamifest in Revelstoke BC next season.
543586_10150650244564620_507399619_9488426_937156754_n.jpg

Its #$%&* awesome out here right now.

One of these days I'm going to Revy/Whistler/etc... That or I'm going to talk about going so often that I eventually start to think I've already been there. Mapquest shows 24 hours one way:(

whistler just hit 40feet of snow. I think a trip to visit my brother is going to be in the works here soon.

sxr70001 said:
Ever see anything like this?

No I like to play in stable conditions with deep powder, I have learned from experience that its better to ride all day and not dig out sleds and I havent yet and really dont want to dig up people, but i came across this video.

That power is seriously impressive.........turbo next season? its tempting
I Love the Apex MTN chasis.

Yamasquaw said:
whistler just hit 40feet of snow. I think a trip to visit my brother is going to be in the works here soon.

Do it up I seen him last week, Hes not getting his HCR Cat out enough.
Hopefully I get to ride with him at least once this year.

Noticed you demoed the 2013 summit. Would you trade your apex for the summit? how many miles is on that apex anyways?

devinzz1 said:
Noticed you demoed the 2013 summit. Would you trade your apex for the summit? how many miles is on that apex anyways?

No I liked my Apex MTN way better, its way more reliable, The engines on them felt like a few of them were ready for the rebuild they were at 4000km, the etec has a nice powerband and runs cleaner than any other engine BRP has put out to date. What they did get right was the running boards they are wider and more hollowed.

-liked the chasis, especially the running boards.
-didnt like the suspention
-didnt like the way the new t motion suspention sidehills
-engine is really good when fresh but still questionable, in my opinion.
-best 2-stroke chasis on the market for 2013

My Apex was bought this season with 2500km and has just hit 4000km with absolutly no issues, I upgraded the track to Camoplast extreme 162 and the suspention to fox evol-x's and the rear skid to the timbersled mtn tamer with ice age rails.

I really like my sled, has a bit of a wide turning radis, and I gotta deal with a little extra weight, but the reliability cannot be beat, and its alot of fun to ride in deep powder.

burnoutink said:
No I liked my Apex MTN way better, its way more reliable, The engines on them felt like a few of them were ready for the rebuild they were at 4000km, the etec has a nice powerband and runs cleaner than any other engine BRP has put out to date. What they did get right was the running boards they are wider and more hollowed.

-liked the chasis, especially the running boards.
-didnt like the suspention
-didnt like the way the new t motion suspention sidehills
-engine is really good when fresh but still questionable, in my opinion.
-best 2-stroke chasis on the market for 2013

My Apex was bought this season with 2500km and has just hit 4000km with absolutly no issues, I upgraded the track to Camoplast extreme 162 and the suspention to fox evol-x's and the rear skid to the timbersled mtn tamer with ice age rails.

I really like my sled, has a bit of a wide turning radis, and I gotta deal with a little extra weight, but the reliability cannot be beat, and its alot of fun to ride in deep powder.

you should do a barkbusters front end, li ion battery, and a low boost supercharger to help lighten the front end when it get deep.

devinzz1 said:
you should do a barkbusters front end, li ion battery, and a low boost supercharger to help lighten the front end when it get deep.

The Battery is a must.

Barkbusters were a thought but are less durable than stock, if i find a cheap set ill do them, but I think for me its going to be the MCXpress turbo route.

right now I have no issues in 4ft of fresh powder, even without the turbo.
but if you give me the turbo its going to open a world of possiblities.
-I personnaly dont feel that I am mechanically ready right now to maintain a turbo sled at this point, I still want to research and learn more about the Apex before I make the Jump to Turbo. My reason for choosing turbo over super charger is everyday I spend 25 minutes going up trail at lower RPMs, and when I acess the backcountry thats when I wanna start Red Lining and really burning up the Octane.

Back