2013 model release date is here!

you can buy a new Nytro and dig a little deeper in your pockets and put on a turbo to get 170 plus HP..but why would we want to shell out more money on top of the sled just to get where other brands are already..I really think Polaris will do some good sales while Cat drops back for there sloppy sleds with all the recalls.I see a lot more Polaris's this season,haven't seen a new Cat yet..h'mmmm!! makes you wander...and the odd Ski-doo of course,,just don't see any Yami's out this way...wander why!!

bluemonster1 said:
you can buy a new Nytro and dig a little deeper in your pockets and put on a turbo to get 170 plus HP..but why would we want to shell out more money on top of the sled just to get where other brands are already..I really think Polaris will do some good sales while Cat drops back for there sloppy sleds with all the recalls.I see a lot more Polaris's this season,haven't seen a new Cat yet..h'mmmm!! makes you wander...and the odd Ski-doo of course,,just don't see any Yami's out this way...wander why!!

I have never even seen a nytro or apex before... and blue. the 180hp turbo kit requires 91oct. gas. Little town in newfoundland gives you 2 options. 87oct. or diesel...

guess it really depends on where you are. here, especially in northern NH I see a decent amount of just about everything. see a lot of the apex and vectors, but they are wide logging roads for trails, a lot like some of the trails in canada where these sleds are designed for. I have actually sen the least amount of polaris models comapred to the rest. other than the usual PILE of 90's indy and edge models :)

devinzz1 said:
I have never even seen a nytro or apex before... and blue. the 180hp turbo kit requires 91oct. gas. Little town in newfoundland gives you 2 options. 87oct. or diesel...
on the Yamaha site they advertise the add on turbo will use just reg pump gas..

bluemonster1 said:
well I probably meant just pump gas..not jet fuel...lol

chris burandts turbo pro rmk takes $109 to fill up and he goes through 3 tanks a day! Anyways Ive decided i want a c3powersports carbon fibre pro rmk. your gona shit bricks when i tell you the weight..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................381lbs! thats worth every penny ($22000) in my book. Just wish id hurry up and win the lotto already... :o|

I tried my buddys new Rush 600 Switchback this season, feels like you're riding on a marshmallow...wasn't too excited about the motor though. It was pretty snappy with plenty of yank, but I guess I just don't like twins.

Millinocket Rocket said:
I tried my buddys new Rush 600 Switchback this season, feels like you're riding on a marshmallow...wasn't too excited about the motor though. It was pretty snappy with plenty of yank, but I guess I just don't like twins.

who buys 600s anymore?

SXlover said:
My disappointment comes from the fact that the Nytro just doesn't have enough ponies to compete in the mountains. If your not making 150hp you don't play with the big dogs on the hill. It just doesn't happen, oh well, I'll just say hello to a turbo for the apex instead.

Amen Brother, i think im gonna follow suit.
In the mounatins this season the Turbo Nytro and Apex are still the craziest things out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG_2XplnO0
Demo'd the 2013 Summit XM ,Staying on Yamaha.
The owner of the local Polaris dealership has been rolling his fleet of new RMK's just trying to hold its own against my Apex, He shows off for his kids trying to beat my highmarks, he comes close to my mark but then always ends up rolling it, kinda funny. Next Day hes out there I'll get you guys a video, i think he hates my Yamaha with a passion.

Last edited:
new 2013's...

I guess I was not surprised by no new stuff, but still bummed. Spoke to a dealer late Feb. and he said the same, bad economy, lots of unsold inventory... He also said wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha didn't do sleds soon, they don't sell them if Japan now. I won't buy anything else until, though!

yeah I think times will change for Yamaha.They really don't need to keep making sleds..If they are not selling to their own people..something is up.Maybe that is why they hesitate to come out with new technology ..and also the fact that their sleds are so pricey now and with the economy the way it is going..they don't want to spend a ton on new engineering.I am sure there are a lot of inventory left in dealerships right now.These have to be sold first..no need for tons of new sleds for next season.I would say it would be more beneficial if 2 brands can join into one and make a decent sled..may be the sign of the times really.
I see here that dealerships are just slashing their prices on the new sleds.Now if a dealer can slash the price on a new sled by $3000-4000 ..do they still make anything on it??If they do..then they are really ripping us off with the mark up.Higher priced sleds,higher gas and oil costs and higher insurance will for sure drown out someone soon..can't keep going.Maybe that is why they decided to come out with the so called SRX 120 joining with Cat to grab the younger market.Price on top sleds are just out of reach for most anyways..

there are 2 very large multi brand sled dealers in the buffalo area. they sell very few yamahas compared to the other brands. the vast majority of sleds in the corrals @ the local trail watering holes are the other brands, not very many yamahas. if in fact yamaha no longer sells their brand in japan that is not a good sign. based on their lack of current product development one can only guess that they may be reducing inventory of parts/units in order to dissolve that division of the business.
bob

Hey Bob, how where the trails in North Bay? Did you manage to put on many miles? Wish I could have made it out there!

rode fri,sat & sun. great trails. gave larry a bender apex muffler to test on his '11. the video/sound clip is on 4 stroke side under apex general, "bender slip on muffler". call my cell!!
bob

they keep talking about not upgrading much because of bad economy but wouldnt that make you want to get the most out of your money???

who knows!! if they want to stop making sleds..they can.Its their company and can do what ever they want.I for one will start to stock pile a few more parts for my sleds in case one day the inventory on parts tapers down..They are in last place with sales..so maybe they have had enough of it already...times change.

bluemonster1 said:
who knows!! if they want to stop making sleds..they can.Its their company and can do what ever they want.I for one will start to stock pile a few more parts for my sleds in case one day the inventory on parts tapers down..They are in last place with sales..so maybe they have had enough of it already...times change.

Yamaha was the leader for a long time when they came out with the original phazer. Light, simple, fast, and most importantly CHEAP! And why would they go to 4 stroke for reliability if they already had the most reliable 2 strokes! The base model apex is more expensive then any sled from another brand by about $2000 in CAD. If they kept 2 strokes I can bet that there would be an 800 Di 2 stroke triple with triple pipes.

Back