Ahhh What Is Rng With Me!!!!!

87YAMAHA-570

3 Weeks ago i went up north because it was the only place with snow we went up there and i had bolth of my sleds with my one being my pride and joy EXCITER snow conditions looked poor but we hoped for the best but 10 min before our destination there was 3.5ft of snow i was exciter we unloaded the six sleds. i got on my sled and my track slipped Grrr. so i got out my new sled 2009 Ski-doo 600 etec and i couldnt get off it the deep snow performance was amazing so i let my bros gf ride the exciter she crashed but with it all fixed now i hate to say it but... IM SWITCHING TO SKI-DOO i lost intrest in the exciter so as of now It is for sale with an extra skid ill post a FS in a couple days and will probly my last post

So your jumping ship because your comparing a ski doo thats like 10 years newer than the exiter.............. Would seem silly to get a VIP to sell sled here and leave site. Might have better luck with craigslist or a ski doo site. Good luck!

Devilin AblueDress! said:
So your jumping ship because your comparing a ski doo thats like 10 years newer than the exiter.............. Would seem silly to get a VIP to sell sled here and leave site. Might have better luck with craigslist or a ski doo site. Good luck!

more like 20 years difference...

Sorry read your user name, 1987 versus a 2009? That makes complete sense comparing the two.......only 22 years differance! Am I being serious or sarcastic.....let me think on it for 22 years and I will get back to you.

It looks like im keepin the exciter The Ski-dont blew i took it for a rip before i put it away the belt blew and aperently the crank twisted

Devilin AblueDress! said:
and ride a nitro xtx too and the skidoo beats it

yamaha exciter still turns heads on the trail, sharp looking machine. I guess the etec turns heads as well ,when you look back and see it on fire or broke down!!!

87YAMAHA-570 said:
It looks like im keepin the exciter The Ski-dont blew i took it for a rip before i put it away the belt blew and aperently the crank twisted
well that didn't take to long did it...wow I still ride a 01 sxr600 with nearly 16,000 km's and never ever blew the motor or anything on it and I ride it wot all the time and jump everything in sight.If a newer Doo can't take a belt exploding and destroying its motor..they are crap machines...LOL

I HOPE he was joking as not even a hint of snow. Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my 98,2x99's 00 SRX and 00 & 01 SXR but givin the option of hoping on a 09 doo or a 87 yami I would pick the 09.....nevermind buying either as I wouldnt want to own either.

87YAMAHA-570 said:
the doo was ready to blow it had 5000 on that motor and for a etec thats alot because they run very lean time for a rebuild and a can

even polaris and arctic cat can get more mileage than that. Whats the point of better fuel and oil economy if you have to rebuild the damn engine every 5000-6000mi?

you do get better milage 22mpg and sips oil but thats the problem it runs to lean ... you can only lean it out so much i talk to a dealer and they said im lucky to have got 5000 plus i have a full race pipe and no programer

87YAMAHA-570 said:
you do get better milage 22mpg and sips oil but thats the problem it runs to lean ... you can only lean it out so much i talk to a dealer and they said im lucky to have got 5000 plus i have a full race pipe and no programer

not sure if my meaning of "mileage" is different then yours but i just ment the amount of miles on the sled before the engine goes. im sure the etec gets better mpg

Shafner79 said:
He'll be back....as soon as the Poo blows up and leaves him sit on the trail.

:homework: #$%&*

Hahahaha, Yamaha Riders are smarter riders, some can even predict the future.
Ski-doo = Rebuilt Grende
Real story happened last week.
Local Shop Owner asks me How I like My Apex?, I reply "I love it, No Damage aprox 40 days".
I asked Him How His XP was was? He repilied "I #$%&* hate it" and he brings me behind the counter shows me 8 boxes of BRP cranks.

devinzz1 said:
even polaris and arctic cat can get more mileage than that. Whats the point of better fuel and oil economy if you have to rebuild the damn engine every 5000-6000mi?

I demod a bunch of the 2013 XM and freeride, and the XM was at 4000km, and felt sluggish, totally ready for the rebuild. then I got on one with 2000km and it felt a bit better, bottom line Im not buying it Im sticking with my Apex.

Will any company be able to challange the engine reliability that Yamaha brings to the market? I dont think anytime soon.

I switched to 4-stroke because I would rather oil change than engine rebuild.

Back