Pair of vipers go 144"

I got the nytro tail light off the 4 stroke side. Don't remember how much but not very expensive. Then ordered the wire cover from dealer. The wire connection is not a match but easy to wire in. I have this in my notes and on the site some where.

Geez...Where the heck have I been? (lol!) Didn't even see this! Sled looks awesome Chris! Nice job with the powdercoating. It's great to see Elizabeth is right in there with you. You have done alot of great work to that sled and it really shows! Do you have red hyfaxes on the sled? I couldn't even see them.

Geez...Where the heck have I been? (lol!) Didn't even see this! Sled looks awesome Chris! Nice job with the powdercoating. It's great to see Elizabeth is right in there with you. You have done alot of great work to that sled and it really shows! Do you have red hyfaxes on the sled? I couldn't even see them.

No i finished before i got the hyfax on. They are black and it looks nice!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the nytro tailight setup? Is the connector for the wires the same as viper/srx?

Go post an ad on the 4stroke side. If I remember right I think it was $65 bucks I got mine for. That was with the wire cover too. For wiring in the nytro light I just cut the end off my viper taillight harness and spliced into the nytro wiring. Really easy to do. ;)!

Chris, did you find any inspiration on your skid color choice from the build thread JDViper posted about his Viper ER (mine now) getting a mono skid? Whether yes or no, I love how it looks! I'm gonna take this 136 mono to 144 this summer, won't be hard but I just gotta figure out the route I want to take.

Got my skid together and in today. Not as bad as it thought it would be. I was very worried on how it would turn out will all the other horror stories ive read about going to 144" with rail extension. But i took my time and did all the right things. The BTV skid fix as before with all new shims. My bushings are still perfect since i did this fix a couple years ago. Also did the MRVIPER700 skid alignment. Got the skid in and it cycles through the length of travel with no binding, even sits flat on floor best i could see without ski's on right to the tip up point. Ended up taking BTV's advice and put a set of wheels on the outside of the rail at the bend. Thaks BTV great advice. Looks great. Even got a shot of elizabeth, she says hi! But now that she has sat on my boss seat she wants one! LOL! Also she said the long tacks look awesome so if she can handle one this winter ill do her long track next summer. NNNNNOOOOO money left for big sled stuff this season. This project got the best of my slush money. Few pic's of today.
What track shocks do you have on your skid?
I have a pair of 02 SXR600s and looking to do a similar mod. Was heavily thinking of doing a skid swap, but reading through your build, now I’m reconsidering to do rail extensions and then upgrade my shocks. The Pro Action is No Action lol. I sent a pic of my beauties! Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ohlin shocks. Kind of a unicorn these days and if ya can find them very expensive. A good valve and rebuild on the stock shocks with good springs would be a close second. The proaction is actually pretty decent if you set it up right. Just rode this sled and it’s still a good ride comming off my sidewinder.

Back