Pair of vipers go 144"

They are from ddm tunning. It is plug and play as far as the relay to the ballast to the h4 plug and new HID bulb. It is hard wired to my battery to fire the balast. You must have a battery to fire the balast. I do not know if you can tap into a DC voltage to fire the balast but i dont see why not. Talking with BTV i found the viper after starting will achieve the desired RPM's then power everything up. So by that logic if you do wire into a DC source on the viper it would fire the balast after you got the sled started and idling. But this would have to be wired in not plug and play. The bulb is a direct fit for the head light on any proaction sled. They look great on my viper and 98XTC. Here is a link to the dual bulb kit i bought for the viper and they also make a single bulb kit. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

They are not for snowmobiles they are for motorcycles/automobiles. But they work great on my sleds. I now the vipers do have a clean DC source would just have to find the write up about the clean DC source. I think it was a brown wire under the handlebars somewhere? HEre is the one i was thinking about http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58664&page=1&pp=10

Last edited:
super1c said:
They are not for snowmobiles they are for motorcycles/automobiles. But they work great on my sleds. I now the vipers do have a clean DC source would just have to find the write up about the clean DC source. I think it was a brown wire under the handlebars somewhere? HEre is the one i was thinking about http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58664&page=1&pp=10

so, you got the 35 watt system, did you also get the hi-low option as well?

mrviper700 said:
so, you got the 35 watt system, did you also get the hi-low option as well?

35watt kit, H4 hi/low relay and 4500k bulbs. The hi/low doesnt really change the draw or the brightness, it just changes the angle of the bulb on the projector throwing the light further in front of you. I usually just ride in low at night in the trails but in the fields ill hit the hi and you can see for a good distance. Are you going to run a battery or try and hook the power into a DC source on your sled?

super1c said:
35watt kit, H4 hi/low relay and 4500k bulbs. The hi/low doesnt really change the draw or the brightness, it just changes the angle of the bulb on the projector throwing the light further in front of you. I usually just ride in low at night in the trails but in the fields ill hit the hi and you can see for a good distance. Are you going to run a battery or try and hook the power into a DC source on your sled?

Thanx, I am gonna try and use it off the dc power of the sled.......I dont have a battery, no e-start on mine.

Hey Chris, have you done any of yours using the mountain Viper tunnel ext. Just wondering how the SRX cooler fits in the OEM extenstions.

No I haven't. Used Hartman's tunnel with viper mtn coolers. When I 144" Elizabeth's viper I plan on using OEM tunnel. Just from the pics it looks like the fit will b a little better then aftermarket. With aftermarket the back of the tunnel ext angles out and the cooler is at 90 deg so it leaves a gap. Just from looking the OEM ext looks closer to 90deg and uses that add on kicker plate for the angled out look for the snow flap. You looking at taking one of your sleds out?

Just to 136. I picked up a 136 mono skid with a hygear shock, and a chassis in better shape than mine, also got a MT Viper ext on the way. I've already got the srx cooler in my sled, plan on doing the mono install into the better chassis and switching everything else over.

Are we even talking about sleds anymore on this topic? I think at one point we were talking about HIDs?? Speaking of HIDs, Rockmeister has just come out with a sweet kit for 2 stroke lights, they are like an LED version with it's own cooling system and super bright....equally bright to the HIDs.

Are we even talking about sleds anymore on this topic? I think at one point we were talking about HIDs?? Speaking of HIDs, Rockmeister has just come out with a sweet kit for 2 stroke lights, they are like an LED version with it's own cooling system and super bright....equally bright to the HIDs.

That sounds interesting! Any more info or link to check them out? Might like to try a set.

I was looking at putting HIDs in my viper next. I might have to look into these. My brother put some ddm tuning 6000k HIDs in his subaru. I was going to get these for my viper but we ran into a problem with them. They worked great from two weeks. One night he was coming home from work and one bulb blew and the other bulb was acting like it was going to blow too. It was odd the light was going bright and dim really fast. We ended up pulling the kit out and sending them back. I would not buy any HID kits from them again.

MrSled, have you seen Rockmeister's kit on any sleds yet? I wonder how they are compared to the HIDS.

Well im doing a little work on the sleds this summer. Im adding Drop brackets from CB on mine and a little powder coating to mine and maybe anita's. Im doing all my suspension and front in a flat/satin black finish. Then i will add a splash of red, you will see as it develops. If i get time anita will get the same with a splash of yamaha blue. Here is a pic of my first powder coating try, and if i say so not bad. It turned out awesome to me. I know the finish is good cause i dropped one of the skid brackets and not a scratch. I did a ton of reading on powder coat and talked with pete (amatosrx) who is the man of powder coat and decided to give it a shot. I built my own ovens for the big stuff and just used a toaster oven for the small. All controlled with a PID and SSR temp controller i built and housed in a magic eraser box. HAHA. I had a big regular oven to use but didnt have the room or the 220 in the garage. Maybe someday but not now. The powder coat gun was a fathers day gift and me and elizabeth rocked it out for the better part of the afternoon. Stripped, sandblasted, cleaned and powder coated the parts. We looked like jessie pinkman and MR hizenberg cooking our first run of powder coat (breaking bad ref) with our rebreather masks on. But had a blast. Here are some pic's and HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the dads and their kids!!!

Attachments

• DSCF8567 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8567 (800x600).jpg
    447 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF8572 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8572 (800x600).jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF8574 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8574 (800x600).jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 22
  • breaking bad.jpg
    breaking bad.jpg