New to me 02 SRX

srxman72

Here is the 02 SRX that I picked up this past weekend. I didn't really have any intentions on getting a new one but it was too tempting of a price and it was really close as well so no long drive to get it. The guy I got it off of was the 2nd owner but only had it for 3 months before running into trouble with the IRS and the original owner was his neighbor. The guy was kind of clueless he didn't even know what kind of sled it was or anything about sleds for that matter. Sled is stock besides doo skis, some goofy handlebar grips, studs, and tank bag and has 4000 miles. This means ill have to sell my beloved high mile 98 but I guess all good thing must come to an end.

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Nice find! That is one clean sled! Congrats and enjoy! Won't be long now till your ridin' her. ;)!

Thanks guys, i'm pretty stoked about it. I got it for $1900 plus the guy gave me a perfect factory cover, a noisemaker can (MBRP), and a tall windshield. I'm going to sell the can and windshield most likely so I can get clutching parts.

I actually put the can on ebay yesterday and just a second ago it sold for $160 so now im down to $1740 invested ;)!

Wow! What a great deal. You sure son't see deals like that everyday on that clean of an srx especially an 02!!

I'm not terribly familiar with differences between years... but, is the tunnel polished? Or is it White? If polished, do they come that way in '02's?
Very Nice...

I see u have maine reg stickers u ride here or have a place up this way? Great find I still lorn for a 01-02 srx o well some day

yourny the 01/02's have silver painted tunnels

Joe I go to UMO and keep my sled up here in a buddy's relatives garage. We ride in the Millinocket/ Shin Pond area, PRIME srx country

Thats not to far from me we ride to millnocket couple times a yr. U have to go buy my place to go there unless you take the interstate

Srx

That sled is really clean! If you do have to sell the 98, you will probably forget about it once you get on the 2002. You picked that up for a great price! Have fun!

man, you got a whole sled for about the $$ my viper needs to be back on the trail. and its CLEAN! nice find, no wonder you couldnt pass it up

what is that funnel looking thing ahead of the coolant bottle and next to the air box?? That pic must be off the 98 SRX then...

Last edited:
Do you mean the duct for cooling the brake caliper and rotor?

Back