all ready to go r you

They're forecasting a big snowfall for here from Wed night through Thurs. From what I'm hearing, could be up to 12" or more, forecasters seem pretty adamant about it. My sled isn't ready, but it will be by Thursday or Friday if they open the trails.

It rained all day here today in Marquette and melted the rest of the snow this sucks, we were riding last year at this time. But im hearing snow on thursday.

thefindian said:
It rained all day here today in Marquette and melted the rest of the snow this sucks, we were riding last year at this time. But im hearing snow on thursday.

I have a cabin in lathrop on 35 no snow there either.

Boy that sure is a nice stable of sleds you have there Pete! Mine doesn't look near as good, but I am almost finished putting it back together after my little mishap last year. Just waiting on a few little pieces. If we ever get any snow you're still welcome to come up to my cabin in Cadillac for some riding. I would be surprised if the lake even has any ice on it at this point.

sxr70001 said:
Boy that sure is a nice stable of sleds you have there Pete! Mine doesn't look near as good, but I am almost finished putting it back together after my little mishap last year. Just waiting on a few little pieces. If we ever get any snow you're still welcome to come up to my cabin in Cadillac for some riding. I would be surprised if the lake even has any ice on it at this point.

Yes I want to come up last year I missed u one weekend. I have more time now because of job. Glad u r getting it up and running.

amatosrx said:
I have a cabin in lathrop on 35 no snow there either.

Ya thats not to far from Gwinn and the crossroads area m553/480 Im about 10 minutes by sled from the crossroads. what kind of riding do you do just trails or do you do some boondocking to?

thefindian said:
Ya thats not to far from Gwinn and the crossroads area m553/480 Im about 10 minutes by sled from the crossroads. what kind of riding do you do just trails or do you do some boondocking to?
Trails and the county road back to the escanaba river then cross river to get to the trail.

All I know is, if the weather doesnt change soon....You might as well take this to UP this winter!!

Attachments

• amatorail (Medium).jpg
    amatorail (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
Better yet...lets retrofit one of your SRX motors in the rail....for the dunes next spring ;)!

amatosrx said:
Trails and the county road back to the escanaba river then cross river to get to the trail.

You probaly cross the river at dishambos landing and then run down the little west rd to the trail.
There is way better snow to your east Kiva area also there is a couple different ways for you to get to the groomed trails.

I thought we were completed for our trip to Minnesota, but....... Upon loading the 121 SXR, the steering post broke. Yep, directly below the upper plate. We do have a 1" risor. So, we pulled the engine and removed the steering post. Tomorrow we will be pressing in a inner tube and weld the plate and post back together. Suck's it broke, but glad it broke here and not on the trail. Now, time to check the other's.

bluemonster1 said:
why have there been so many steering posts breaking in the last few years.Makes me want to check mine on the sxr600 now... :eek:
Yes, do check it. If it is not broke or cracked yet, I would suggest installing a inner pipe/post to strengthen the flange. We will be installing an additional inner post and welding to the flang on our fleet of Yami's. Waiting to fix once it is broken is alot more work. The steering post took us 1.5 hrs to remove. Yes that is the first one I have ever had to remove, so the next would be much faster. I suspect the installation might be around the same time. Welding should take around 15 minutes. lol. Anyway, another day another dollar spent. Al

In my mind as shallow as it might be,,,,,,,,the reason they break is turning the bars when the sled is not moving.I have rode a few old phazors and my exiter back to the shack with only half a bar remaining but never had a problem with a srx following this rule.

Got it all fixed today. Pressed in a inner tube and welded topside and bottom side of the plate. Total time for repair is 3.5 hrs. Much stronger now than originally. Best to check other's out.

not quite.

IMG_4395_zps271111e6.jpg

the one on the end is getting a new rear skid, brand new 1" track with 192 studs, skis are already on, RPC quad pipes, cylinder lift with shaved head and thin head gasket, clutching jetting.

the middle one is half way through a red head triple 700 swap BTW im looking for a set of triple pipes.

the red one is just getting a quick tune up because it had all the mods last year lol.

Just got the ole Vmax 700 ready tonight, new carbides, new clutch rollers, cleaned clutches, cleaned carbs & airbox, greased it up, seems to run like a champ for the 30 seconds I let it run.
Got 12-15" of snow coming tonight through tomorrow, I'm ready to go!

Back