studs

Maddogs700srx said:
You may want to consider a shorter lug track like a .75 (still decent for some trail riding) And running shorter studs. Just don't forget that more studs does not mean a faster sled!
....Will the 1.175 studs be ok for dragracing?....I am going with 192...I have a ported 02 srx, clutched, cold air kit, jetted, vforce 3 reeds, transfer rods, air box mod

If you are drag racing, I know that those yoko are some heavy tracks and if you get a camoplast racing lug track, we run the .540 lug tracks on some of our sleds and they hook up good on the trail too. They are considerably lighter (10-12 pounds) and that is rotating mass so you might consider a new track to achieve much higher speeds. If you stick with the stocker the studs will work perfect for drags because they stick out about .585 thousanths of an inch above the lug which is high but great for drags. You should have no problems with tear outs for a while because you are running 192 which evens out the horsepower per stud a little better. That is good clean penetration and should work out awsome but if you change tracks, you will be absolutely amazed with it over stock.

Back