2014 sled anouncement

bluemonster1 said:
got to check the 74 TNT and see if it is true Yamaha copied them for the SRX version..getting interesting and these players are all bad apples..maybe now the WAR GAMES BEGIN for the sled makers...got to see what Polaris will do now to pu their sales..

Just as a side note... when you're done comparing those- take the hood off a 74 Sno Twister and set it next to a 73 FA TNT and do the comparison.

yes it's quite funny that they are that dumb. i have a story that happened a couple of weekends ago. my buddy and wife came across from clarenville to the west coast where i live to go snowmobiling. both have arctic cats a 2010 f6 and a 2008 m8. they arrived that night and we went over on a field in my backyard to play around a bit. stopped for a second and his missus could smell gas.thought it could be mine because i had the carbs off that day and wasted gas, so we didn't worry about it. we carried on for about 15 mins and had to stop because steam was coming from the f6. after 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the shroud off we had a look and discovered gas was running down the exhaust. got looking some more and seen the top of the tank had a crack in it around the fuel sensor. A bomb waiting to explode ... oh ya it had 500 miles on it. weekend ruined headed back to clarenville with $500 spent no snowmobiling. Anyway the following weekend he comes back less the missus with a couple of buddies. we start the morning great and get about 5km from home when he disappears go back and the hood's up. Crank twisted off , tow job back home and day ruined again. oh ya ...the m8 had 3000 km on it. So be the loyal arctic cat customer he is drives a hour and buys a brand new 2013 m8 pro for $15,000 cash. next day we finally got out.
true story and have the pictures to prove it lol.

bluemonster1 said:
what a bunch of garbage Cat built..what is the matter with the engineers anyways..this is so bad it is funny..but he will probably buy another Cat and blow the motor and still buy another Cat and so on..such stupid loyal customers..lol

he must have money coming out of his ying yang..lol..Now he really will be pissed when this 2013 craps on him..loyal eh..that is funny as hell..loyal to keep giving all his money to Cat Corporation and make them richer...some will never learn I guess.In a way Cat may be lucky that Yamaha could save there reputation.....what a joke anyways..good stories.Keep us posted on the 2013 he has...

as more of these stories and videos of Cat sleds come out the more I am starting to see a common theme.That is that Cat engineers don't know what the hell they are doing,must have hired a bunch of flunkies.I am beginning to think now that Cat approached Yamaha to solve their problems.Anyone basically can build a chassis,front end,suspension and install a track..but if you can't have reliable motors,reliable drivetrains,reliable clutch's,belts that keep blowing..then what do you have then.Cat asked Yamaha for their help and in return Yamaha is getting the frame/chassis/skids in return and can save money at the same time.
Man if I was a Cat owner and my newer sled blew cranks,motors and belts all the time..why would I spend my $$$ with them anymore.Cat are in touble and this might be the only way out of it using Yamaha technology..WOW!! I have seen a few Cats in my time blow up and being towed,have seen Cat belts ripped to shreads laying on the River.Imagine making gas tanks that are so crappy and thin that they crack..could that not lead to a Law Suit somehow.And Cats burning because gas lines were contrated out and the inside diameter was wrong and they slip of the carbs..that is crazy
About 4 years ago I used to work for a guy who told me that he had a buddy that worked at the Cat Plant and this guy actually told him that Cat was making cheap inferior parts on the sleds now.Cheap plastics,things were just not fitted right and pieces getting loose.What is wrong with Artic Cat.What were they trying to do..save a ton of money and selling products that won't last.Surprise they didn't go out of business after last year 50th Aniversary sleds..maybe they were close to it.

ebayfreak said:
So be the loyal arctic cat customer he is drives a hour and buys a brand new 2013 m8 pro for $15,000 cash.

And that is the whole point...Yamaha would rather sell us a new sled every five years or less then have us all riding 3000miles + each year on the sleds they sold us in the 90s and early 2000s!!!!
Yamaha is teaming up with best in the business at building sleds that need renewal every few years and keep their dealers in business selling parts and labour.

Reality of modern business...

well the way i heard it sounds like they are going to still build their own chassis but they want different technology. I mean the dealer I talked to could be told to keep quiet but they almost guaranteed yamaha will not be leaving the sled market and will still release their own chassis in the future w different tech so whatever you guys want to believe I guess so many rumors and speculation at this point

JDViper said:
I saw a comercial this morning of a dealership in Green Bay or the Fox cities selilng a 2013 polaris 800 for $7999. Yes its a 2 smoke and yes its a poo, but that is going to sway a lot of non brand loyal people. IMO, prices need to come down. Im 31, with a good job and there is no way I could justify a new sled...

There add a lot of great deals out there. I like Polaris sleds, always have, and that is the last word I bought new and that asked still continues to run perfectly, with only wear items like hyfax, carbide's, and recasting of shocks needed, outside of the speedo cable that broke under warranty from burying the needle @ 120 mph. A coworker noted that a local too dealer had 800 etec TNT,s for 7999 as well.

People will simply wait for deals unless they have to have the newest sled right now. No matter what toy you are looking at, there are always those guys that need the newest stuff.

JDViper said:
I was also thinking last night about the hard core team green guy. Is he happy to have a great motor, or is he upset that his company couldnt come up with one and there is a "snake in the grass"? he knows in a few years cat will have a motor that is up to speed, but not just yet. Kinda like our side with the chassis...

Cat never had their own motor. It was a Suzuki. And while Suzuki made the motors, when they didn't perform well enough to cat's liking, they wicked them up. And then you have the original f7 f-bomb.

Die hard cat riders should be stoked. Yamaha has proven itself with great 4 stroke asked motors. And they also have great di 2 stroke tech in their outboards.

he has a good job, but he'll need it to get the km i get on my old yammy.
I forgot to mention before but his 2013 didn't have a spare belt holder, I had to carry it in my pack sack the day we went riding. dealer forgot to mention that you have to buy a spare belt holder that mounts on the tunnel. side show bob hit the nail on the head ... it's all about the $$$$$ :ORC

bluemonster1 said:
he must have money coming out of his ying yang..lol..Now he really will be pissed when this 2013 craps on him..loyal eh..that is funny as hell..loyal to keep giving all his money to Cat Corporation and make them richer...some will never learn I guess.In a way Cat may be lucky that Yamaha could save there reputation.....what a joke anyways..good stories.Keep us posted on the 2013 he has...

ebayfreak said:
yes it's quite funny that they are that dumb. i have a story that happened a couple of weekends ago. my buddy and wife came across from clarenville to the west coast where i live to go snowmobiling. both have arctic cats a 2010 f6 and a 2008 m8. they arrived that night and we went over on a field in my backyard to play around a bit. stopped for a second and his missus could smell gas.thought it could be mine because i had the carbs off that day and wasted gas, so we didn't worry about it. we carried on for about 15 mins and had to stop because steam was coming from the f6. after 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the shroud off we had a look and discovered gas was running down the exhaust. got looking some more and seen the top of the tank had a crack in it around the fuel sensor. A bomb waiting to explode ... oh ya it had 500 miles on it. weekend ruined headed back to clarenville with $500 spent no snowmobiling. Anyway the following weekend he comes back less the missus with a couple of buddies. we start the morning great and get about 5km from home when he disappears go back and the hood's up. Crank twisted off , tow job back home and day ruined again. oh ya ...the m8 had 3000 km on it. So be the loyal arctic cat customer he is drives a hour and buys a brand new 2013 m8 pro for $15,000 cash. next day we finally got out.
true story and have the pictures to prove it lol.

Pics please!

on the upside, NONE of those have anything to do with the chassis. yamaha drivetrain should change all that.

From http://sledrumors.com/

Yamaha just announced the most exciting news in Yamaha snowmobiles since the VMax 600 was introduced 20 years ago….the YamaCat. The new Viper series combines the lightweight Arctic Cat ProCross chassis with the reliable Yamaha Nytro Genesis engine.

Enter the all new 2014 Yamaha Viper, Viper LTX, Viper LTX SE, Viper RTX SE and our favorite, the 2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE, the closest thing to the 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162. The only differences between the 2014 Viper and the new 2014 Arctic Cat 4-stroke models will be the fairing/windshield design, syling and headlight.

The hybrid Yamaha Viper lineup will be manufactured in Thief River Falls, MN.

The all new 2014 SR Viper XTX SE 141 and other best Yamaha snowmobiles are coming soon to order at http://www.snowcheckdirect.com with custom options. Sign up now for exclusive email notifications.

So, speculating, 2015 might be a good year for those wanting a new mountain sled. I was really hoping their previous 'rumor' of a 200 HP MM was where they were going. Either way, I'm still saving my pennies for next year.

Back