2014 sled anouncement

are you ;):D a little..just asking that's all.I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion on this matter.But like you say..the past is the past and the present is the present..and the future can only get better I hope for Yamaha...Time will tell if they made the right move here.NOW if you have $15,000,,go buy the damn YamiCat already...lol

oh yeah..I can ship you some 5,000 trucks of snow for a real good price to ride your YamiCat to..that will only be like another $15,000...save your pennies..lol

why do people keep saying they had to do this instead of going out buisiness or fading out. they dont have to! yamaha could easily have made a nice lightweight chassis with a powerful 2 stroke thats affordable. But they dont have to do that either, because no matter what kinda crap the manufactures come up with or price tag on it, people buy the shit out of em becouse there new and suposidly the best. in my opinion yamaha has sucked since 05. wud i buy another brand....no. i jus keep driving sleds that used to be the best = pre 4stroke yammies.

i dont have time to change oil in my truck let alone 4 sleds. much rather pop hood & top off oil injection tank.

Last edited:
well will start another rumor.Just got some info thru another Yamaha dealer outside of town.When asked about bringing back the SRX..they said they already did and smiled..but they were not telling the whole truth..seems like Yamaha may just be doing it possibly next season's line up.They did not want to let to much out of the bag.So the SRX may come back in a big way.The Viper was a start..And also said Yamaha is selling their 4 -stroke motor technology to Cat..in other words Cat will start to produce their own 4 stroke motors based on Yamaha specs..and possibly the Apex and Nytro will disappear.. they just don't want to outright say it,but was obvious in a way.
We have to wait another year I guess to find out...I believe the SRX IS NOT DEAD YET>>IT would make them a ton of money..as long as the prices would be decent.

I'm in mourning and devastated

Hi Guys,
I've been reading this site for quite some time and have been a loyal Yamaha fan for years. This latest news has just devasted me. I may be switching brands as early as the upcoming spring order.

http://www.sledracer.com/2011/12/miscellaneous-ramblings-regarding-the-catski-doo-lawsuit/

Since the AC chassis is basically a copy of the REV platform, this is essentially a Yamaha motor in a REV. Wow this is 1974 all over again where Ski-Doo's TNT 440 FA was copied to every detail and introduced as the first SRX.

No doubt Yamaha will claim this as a first.

Despite this, this is probably the best looking Yamaha to date. But looks can only go so far. I'm riding with a few Cat owners, and they have without question, the absolute worst reliability of any sled on the market.

Brian

Last edited:
sideshowBob said:
Deals of this magnitude are not hatched over night and I suspect that Yamaha was involved at many levels, financially as well, with the development of the Yamacat chassis as the seemingly rapid adjustment to installing the Yamaha 3 cylinder engine would not be possible.
Arctic Cat has known for some time that their Suzuki collaberation was coming to an end. Just imagine if they announced two years ago that in 2014 cat would be running Yamaha engines...who would have purchased a 2012 or 2013 Cat?
There is always more to deals like this then initially meets the eye...maybe this chassis Arctic was using never was an Arctic Cat chassis...but a Yamaha in Cats clothes all along!!!
I am beginning to think this is what has actually occured.

JM.02c

The CAT chassis is a carbon copy of the REV chassis:

http://www.sledracer.com/2011/12/miscellaneous-ramblings-regarding-the-catski-doo-lawsuit/

makes for interesting reading and perhaps a big battle against Cat,Wow..Cat is worse then I thought more ways then one..then why is Yamaha hooking up with the BAD BOY of business...CAT is perhaps close to using up their 9 lives soon.Maybe Cat seeked out Yamaha after all because they are slowly going down and the union would give them some strength in the market..but if BRP has more money and can fight to shut down Cast eventually for copyright enfrindgement then BRP may pu a lot of new customers in the future and the 2 stroke lives on...
got to check the 74 TNT and see if it is true Yamaha copied them for the SRX version..getting interesting and these players are all bad apples..maybe now the WAR GAMES BEGIN for the sled makers...got to see what Polaris will do now to pu their sales..

over on HCS theres a post thats starts out NO TURBO YET 4 yamaha.i don't know how to bring it up on comp.but it he said that yamaha & cat bougt out suzuki for $73 mill & yammy to bring out a 2 stroke in the future!?.i don't now about that thow.and this is 1 hellafa snowstorm yammy have gave use.i bleed blue like u guys do & i need a blood transfusion :o| :yam: :yam:

bluemonster1 said:
well will start another rumor.Just got some info thru another Yamaha dealer outside of town.When asked about bringing back the SRX..they said they already did and smiled..but they were not telling the whole truth..seems like Yamaha may just be doing it possibly next season's line up.They did not want to let to much out of the bag.So the SRX may come back in a big way.The Viper was a start..And also said Yamaha is selling their 4 -stroke motor technology to Cat..in other words Cat will start to produce their own 4 stroke motors based on Yamaha specs..and possibly the Apex and Nytro will disappear.. they just don't want to outright say it,but was obvious in a way.
We have to wait another year I guess to find out...I believe the SRX IS NOT DEAD YET>>IT would make them a ton of money..as long as the prices would be decent.
What you summed up is pretty much the end game for the yamaha sled division(but the part about cat making the own engines using yamaha specs is a new one).The future may only have room for three main sled builders(like the PWC).This was an easy way out for yamaha while giving a profit.Makes you wonder about the rest of there powersports brands(will the rhino be made into a wildcat clone?).

but now if BRP is suing Cat for patent copying ..then more crap is going to hit the fan soon.If that is true,then Yamaha cannot use them platforms in their new sleds..or they will be sued.Imagine is BRP wins and Cat and Yamaha have to destroy all their sleds and pay big penalties on top of that..now why would Yamaha not do their homework on this before merging..Doo is smart in a way announcing this the way they did..now a lot of potential customers could look at Doo as the main designer in the sledding industry.Yamaha should really join Doo and sell them their motors.Eliminate all other competition and the 2 of them can become super super big and own the snowmobile industry.

this is from my little spy at the Yamaha dealership which I will not name...

"there will never be a Yamaha motor in a cat. They are only selling them technology to build there own motors. Said Yamaha will continue to make sleds and that they have a 5 year partnership w cat and are expected to release a couple more new models in the next year or 2."

They didn't admit ir directly,but hints of a new SRX seemed likely...

you guys have gotten so far off the mark it's laughable. holy conspiracy theory Batman.

I got some tidbits at the races from my local dealer today. first off, he came right out and said he was very skeptical of the new Viper until he flew out to Minnesota to do his demo and he was impressed with it. (this is coming from a guy who just did 130mph in 660ft 5 minutes ago). Also those prices you are all fired up about are MSRP (duh) not dealer pricing. He can put me in the new Viper 137 with a 5 year warrenty (yes I said 5 year) with some other swag for under 13 grand. He also said there are 4 or 5 new models coming out in as many years and they arent all Yamacats. This is just the start of whats to come. Oh yeah, and there are more boosted options to come.

staggs65 said:
you guys have gotten so far off the mark it's laughable. holy conspiracy theory Batman.

I got some tidbits at the races from my local dealer today. He can put me in the new Viper 137 with a 5 year warrenty (yes I said 5 year) He also said there are 4 or 5 new models coming out in as many years and they arent all Yamacats. This is just the start of whats to come. Oh yeah, and there are more boosted options to come.

I like that info on warranty availability...also in the future they may build what I'm waiting for...my 2002 SRX can only last so long!
-175+hp
-under 500 lbs
-136 - 144" track
-4 stroke
- and most important... all YAMAHA!!!

bluemonster1 said:
this is from my little spy at the Yamaha dealership which I will not name...

"there will never be a Yamaha motor in a cat. They are only selling them technology to build there own motors. Said Yamaha will continue to make sleds and that they have a 5 year partnership w cat and are expected to release a couple more new models in the next year or 2."

They didn't admit ir directly,but hints of a new SRX seemed likely...
Lots of talk about cat building a DI two-stroke but im hearing through the grapevine cat will be an all four-stroke sled builder(from a south dakota dealer via AC reps on sno-west this past august)

I dont know what Im gonna do , when the SRX is brought back in a CAT chassis.... That may be a sign of the end of days.

staggs65 said:

I got some tidbits at the races from my local dealer today. first off, he came right out and said he was very skeptical of the new Viper until he flew out to Minnesota to do his demo and he was impressed with it. (this is coming from a guy who just did 130mph in 660ft 5 minutes ago). Also those prices you are all fired up about are MSRP (duh) not dealer pricing. He can put me in the new Viper 137 with a 5 year warrenty (yes I said 5 year) with some other swag for under 13 grand. He also said there are 4 or 5 new models coming out in as many years and they arent all Yamacats. This is just the start of whats to come. Oh yeah, and there are more boosted options to come.

I like EVERYTHING about this post :)

Back