Summer Project Contest - The snake goes mono

Its not real hard Chris. I can walk you through it real easy. Good summer project. I found the skid for $100. Came with the EC shock too! Bought the second EC shock for $75 from the same guy. That helped fund the rest! :) I've got a few bucks in it, but it should be worth it when it comes to rough trails... (or just to look at) LOL!!!

:shock: Don't lose that guys number, buy everything he sells! awesome deal

what did you use for a tunnel extension? I got a mt viper extension and am going to have to cut it up some cause I want to use the SRX rear cooler. Just wondering if yours is for a 136 how long it is? I'm going to have to shorten mine some to get the cooler to fit which shouldn't be a problem seeing it's a 144 extension.

what did you use for a tunnel extension? I got a mt viper extension and am going to have to cut it up some cause I want to use the SRX rear cooler. Just wondering if yours is for a 136 how long it is? I'm going to have to shorten mine some to get the cooler to fit which shouldn't be a problem seeing it's a 144 extension.

When I stretched my 02 SRX to 144" I used a Mountain Viper tunnel extension and rather then cut it up for a SRX cooler I just installed a Arctic Cat f1000 rear exchanger...part number...4706-179. Its a big cooler and no mod of tunnel needed...
Worked for Me!

I used a hartmann. Its set at the 144 length so there is more room for my chair but the track is a 136.

When I stretched my 02 SRX to 144" I used a Mountain Viper tunnel extension and rather then cut it up for a SRX cooler I just installed a Arctic Cat f1000 rear exchanger...part number...4706-179. Its a big cooler and no mod of tunnel needed...
Worked for Me!

That probably would have worked good Bob. Unfortunately I already hacked it up yesterday. lol. It's alright though it came out good. cut 2 7/8" off of it and used a SRX rear close-off. The cooler hangs down a bit but I'll finish it off with some trim panels. I'll post some pics in my work log on the sled soon. Just have to acid wash the extension and rivet it on.

After almost 250 miles we finally got into some bad trails. So far they have been real good but tonight i got to test it good. It was worth every penny and every headache. This thing is a trail master. Takes it all. Feels great alll around. Took a bit to dial it in but its magic! Front shocks need a revalve and it will be great up front as well but no complaints out of me.

im keeping this thread handy. I picking up my new to me 03 viper and want to mod the skid. Im not very good at riveting. I havent learned that skill. I had an old exciter II 570 when I was a kid, front left tunnel mount for the skid, the tunnel actully broke and it pulled through. I cut a piece of diamond plate and had it aligned and drilled holes but the riveting sucked and had to take it to a dealer to fix. Or maybe I will just buy an attack instead seems easiest..lol

I just bought my mono skid today from an 09 vector for my 03 sx viper, cant wait to start this project once the snow starts to melt. is the template still available? Would love any help on this project and thank you so much for such a great write up ��

Back