how many sleds are in your fleet?

roudyroy1

like the title says, how many sleds do you maintain?
i maintain 2, and with suspension rebuilds and new tracks this year for both that's a handful for a backyard mechanic!

yep 2 here also,enough for me.Can't do as much as I used to. that's what age does to you..still like the be the only one out here when at age 80 to be riding an SRX full bore..lol

7 runners now, and looking to add more. Got 6 vmax-4's and a wee little arctic cat z120 for the kids.

my head spins when i hear of people with 4+, but the again a lot of them i bet aren't doing there own work, with the exception of a few ty site members.

I do all my own work too. I couldn't afford to pay anyone to keep these beasts tip-top, gas and belts alone would be mind-boggling. At $40 a tank and a $150 a belt, she adds up quick. $1140 for a fill-up each and a new belt just for the vmaxes.

2 for me, I do whatever work I can do...but take it to a buddy for a fine tune and a once over if I missed something. Any more than 2 & I think I might go broke!

8 but trying to add another one to the fleet
2000 sxr 700 (my first one) aka Ol blue
1999 vmax 700 (wifes) My back up
1998 sx 700 ( ice racer)
1997 sx 700 (my mountain sled) aka Frank do to being build from parts and pcs
2 1986 or so Et 340 (kids)
1997 sx 700 (cousins)
1997 sx 700 (newest add on work in progress)
Wife gets kinda mad every time a new one shows up

SIX! 2004 Viper S, 2001,2000,1999 SRX 700, 1998 SRX 600 and a 00 SxR 700. The girlfriend rides the SxR.....I bounce around on the power valves! Not that hard to keep up maintance on 5 sleds when I am the only riding all 5! Girlfreind thinks shes riding the Viper this year...Time will tell.

Holy crap man! Where do you find the time? Lol

Idk get time on weekends and when i do I used all day. Prob got more than I need Its def hard to stay up with them. But Hell its fun brake one come home get another. HAHA

5 of my own, and I do all my work! Also another 5 that my buddy and I maintain for his family. All the way from 97sx to 2 nytro xtx's. Quite a site on the mile of trail we occupy at any given time. LOL!

Last edited:
I do all my own work too. I couldn't afford to pay anyone to keep these beasts tip-top, gas and belts alone would be mind-boggling. At $40 a tank and a $150 a belt, she adds up quick. $1140 for a fill-up each and a new belt just for the vmaxes.

What would it cost to pay someone to clean 24 carbs!!??

I have 9 snowmobiles I maintain every one. Also friends and family have 4 that I maintain. That's a lot of stuff to take care of.but I enjoy every minute of it.

3 2001 srx 700 1999 sx vmax 500 Wifes and a zr 120 for our son. My whole family do our own work. Sons learning at 5. lol loves to help out.

Back